ADVERTISEMENT

I'm ready to say it

Midseason in ‘22, he realized that he was a better player than Nance, and started to play like it.

Last year, he started to believe he was part of a truly great backcourt by midseason, and by the end of the season he believed he was truly the guy.

This season, he knows he’s the best player on the court every time he plays. (He might be wrong, but it doesn’t matter.)

Outside of some lax players and maybe a softball pitcher, Boo is the most dominant player in my 25 years following NU sports.

He’s incredible.

Outside of some lax players and maybe a softball pitcher, Boo is the most dominant player in my 25 years following NU sports

Not so fast my friend. Four-time NCAA champion Matt Grevers might disagree… as well as NCAA champion Luke Donald (who bested Tiger’s score in 1999). But those weren’t traditional team sports, I suppose.

Not so fast my friend. Four-time NCAA champion Matt Grevers might disagree… as well as NCAA champion Luke Donald (who bested Tiger’s score in 1999). But those weren’t traditional team sports, I suppose.
We’ve also had some dominant national champions in wrestling. Jake Herbert comes to mind.

GOUNUII

Reactions: No Chores
Results matter and considering those, I do think Boo is NU's Goat. Not particularly fast, bouncy, athletic, but crafty as hell.

Caught the last ten minutes of MD @ IA. And Jamir Young, also amazing and clutch.

I agree on Buie and pretty amazing to think that when it's not over.

The past year has just been almost unbelievable in terms of where he's led this team.

McKinney was not a point guard. He was a great shooting guard. Boo is a true point guard. He's not the shooter Billy was, but I think he is a greater COLLEGE player.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Otto Graham, BB All-American, says Hi!

Otto+Graham+Basketball.jpg

I've been a fan since 1989, so I didn't see McKinney, but I am comfortable saying it:

Boo Buie is the greatest NU basketball player ever.
This may have already been raised but in the wins against Purdue, Michigan State and Illinois he had 26 assists and 2 turnovers. Set aside the scoring and the clutch plays and that’s still pretty amazing.

More like triple teamed. He literally had no help and we still made it to the NIT
He was being triple teamed off the ball. 3-2 zones. Post guy denying him, weak side wing sagging.

Strangely, freshmen Lepore and Newman and Hardy and senior Bonner couldn’t pull out any wins. (And Wink was a O’Neill-ruined disaster.)

I'd say O'Neill ruined Newman, too. He didn't suck as a freshman but I don't think he was built to withstand the withering abuse every game from his coach.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT