ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Mullins

Baz=Heisman

Feb 11, 2023
Anyone know what the deal is with him? Seems like he’s in Collins doghouse. Was he dressed yesterday? Weird he didn’t get any burn when Clayton is just horrible at this point.

I think he subbed in and out with Hunger a couple of times at the end last night for the free throws/fouls, but it was probably 20 seconds of play time or less.

Blake Smith and Justin Mullins play the same wing position, and Smith is playing on a heater now. Clayton gets more run instead of Mullins because he has a better handle. Given we're down Langborg and Berry, Boo, Nick and Brooks are going to log 40 minutes barring foul trouble given they're dependable offense.

If you observe Mullins he loses his defensive positioning way too easily. Iowa motions a ton, even in transition you have to stay on them, really concentrated or they’ll fire up a 3. I think CC thought Mullins was a bad match for the Iowa offense.

Turns out we have up 50 anyway in the second half. And Clayton played at an “unplayable” level anyway.

On offense Clayton kills them, just does not have the confidence. Defense he is fine, he actually make ups for some mistakes made by other folks with the multiple reads. He is another the misses Lanborg on the offensive end,

Mullins kills them in both sides of the ball in the Maryland game when he got in there were two times his man blew right by him with a straight line drive. MN came over an altered the shot, so no points were scored, but if the Maryland player had made one more pass it would have been two layups.

Smith is actually doing the best out of the bench players.

Yes I like watching defense, wins titles.

Reactions: macarthur31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT