ADVERTISEMENT

Muck Fichigan!

Well, I just cracked beer two so.....let's have some fun, LOL.

Good game.

Has kind of turned into a bad game. Neither team is executing very well.
Michigan made fewer mistakes. Washington just had several HUGE drive killing errors. The missed wide open pass to Odunze would have been a TD, dropped key first down pass, holding call negating a huge pass when they could have tied it in 4Th Q, false start right after a big play to get them behind the chains and ultimately kill that last drive. Frustrating.

Can’t stand the Michigan arrogance especially this year with their persecution complex.

Michigan just beat up the Washington OL.

The Husky OL was jittery that entire final competitive drive.

Washington totally abandoned the run due to Johnson’s injury. Once Michigan caught on, the OL had no chance.

Michigan had no passing game because Stallions and team never scouted Washington. He was caught too soon.

I am going to spend as little time in Michigan as I can the next several weeks especially near any Walmarts.

I am going to spend as little time in Michigan as I can the next several weeks especially near any Walmarts.
I am stuck here in MI although West Michigan (where I suspect you are based on your moniker) is not quite as bad due to a significant proportion of MSU fans, and basically everyone also has a common dislike of OSU.

This anti-Michigan nonsense is amusing. They won because they played better and were the better team.. The 34 - 13 thrashing had nothing to do with cheating or good luck. Best of all my Michigan daughter was there with my two grandsons, and they enjoyed the game and some memories that will last a lifetime.

Michigan just beat up the Washington OL.

The Husky OL was jittery that entire final competitive drive.

Washington totally abandoned the run due to Johnson’s injury. Once Michigan caught on, the OL had no chance.

Michigan had no passing game because Stallions and team never scouted Washington. He was caught too soon.
Get over it. Michigan did not need to pass because its running game was so good. It had nothing to do with Connor the Stallion. Michigan was the better team. Indeed the best in the country

I agree Michigan won because they were the better team. I have already stated my position on the cheating thing and Michigan. Their fan base especially the people that did not go there are hard to deal with just like Ohio State, Alabama or any other win at all costs programs.

Get over it. Michigan did not need to pass because its running game was so good. It had nothing to do with Connor the Stallion. Michigan was the better team. Indeed the best in the country
They clearly were the best team top to bottom in the country. People don’t get it with the cheating, it’s not that we think it helped them beat OSU, Bama and Washington. The cheating is worse because it was 1) unnecessary given their talent level and 2) the ENTIRE university (president, board, coaches, players) is excusing it and whining about being persecuted. They are actually elevating Harbaugh even more because he had to “overcome” these unfair suspensions (I live in Michigan so I hear the local media, in case you don’t).

It’s as if some CEOs are competing to be the richest, and the CEO of the biggest company steals customer information from some of the smaller companies when they would have already been way ahead without it. It’s greed and hubris and it’s totally OK because it’s Big Blue and Harbaugh. If this was Fitz (pre hazing scandal) and NU we would have wins vacated, bowl bans, and he would be fired.

They clearly were the best team top to bottom in the country. People don’t get it with the cheating, it’s not that we think it helped them beat OSU, Bama and Washington. The cheating is worse because it was 1) unnecessary given their talent level and 2) the ENTIRE university (president, board, coaches, players) is excusing it and whining about being persecuted. They are actually elevating Harbaugh even more because he had to “overcome” these unfair suspensions (I live in Michigan so I hear the local media, in case you don’t).

It’s as if some CEOs are competing to be the richest, and the CEO of the biggest company steals customer information from some of the smaller companies when they would have already been way ahead without it. It’s greed and hubris and it’s totally OK because it’s Big Blue and Harbaugh. If this was Fitz (pre hazing scandal) and NU we would have wins vacated, bowl bans, and he would be fired.
Do you really think that Michigan is the only school to scout its opponents. And when it came time to play Alabama and Washington without any allegations of scouting Michigan beat them. Finally while not illegal do you really think it is fair for the big schools to throw six figure or more money to get players to attend their schools. That is where the real rot is in college football.

Reactions: No Chores
I mostly agree. It’s just a shame that a “guy paid to cheat” was on staff. I don’t think he helped against Washington, because, again, they were a dark horse. Did Stallions and friends scout Bama (maybe?) or OSU (definitely)? It’s a shame.

I wonder if today is the best or worst day of his life. How about for his parents, who do remember the Griese team.

I also like that he’s clearly a very, very weird person with very strange priorities. He’ll never get his dream job, but perhaps he will get a new identity and try.

They literally knew the plays that were coming for the majority of the last 4 years (at least). Not that hard to stop when you have that intel via video recording.

Reactions: RhabdoWildcat
They literally knew the plays that were coming for the majority of the last 4 years (at least). Not that hard to stop when you have that intel via video recording.
Not sure why it's so hard to figure out this is cheating and there should be an asterisk after this championship.

I would normally root for the "Big Ten" team for conference prestige, but I just can't root for this Michigan team knowing all the irregularities that have gone on recently:
(1)Michigan had a Head Coach lie about illegal recruiting during the COVID dead period.
(2) Had a rogue assistant orchestrate a vast operation to record future opponents in violation against NCAA rules about in-person scouting and recording of future opponents for almost 3 years.
(3) Had an assistant coach engaged in a cover-up effort including attempting to destroy computer evidence of the illegal sign stealing operation and "coaching" players on what to say to investigators.

Years ago, Ohio State was allowed to play while under investigation for not self-reporting and disciplining a handful of players who sold memorabilia for tattoos. After the investigation was complete in 2011, State had vacate all their wins from 2010, a Sugar Bowl title, and a Big Ten Co-Championship. I think you need to discount the possibility that Michigan may end up vacating victories and championships from recent seasons. If I were going root for conference pride, at least Washington will be in the conference next year and still have its wins and achievements in the record books.
Sure you are saying that correctly? About needing to discount the possibility? Sure it isn't you should discount their success by the possibility of what might happen to them?

I don't know if this is what you meant, but you are correct. Nothing will happen to them. The NCAA is toothless compared to 2010
Don't think that was what he meant to say. Probably meant you have to discount their success by the possibility of what might be done to them. But it is pretty difficult to undo what has been seen

Do you really think that Michigan is the only school to scout its opponents. And when it came time to play Alabama and Washington without any allegations of scouting Michigan beat them. Finally while not illegal do you really think it is fair for the big schools to throw six figure or more money to get players to attend their schools. That is where the real rot is in college football.
Clearly what Stalions was paid to do goes way beyond the accepted sportsmanship definition of “scouting.”

Reactions: hollandnucat
Dude, he sneaked onto opposing team sidelines in opposing team coaching clothes to steal signals. No other team "scouts" in this fashion. Frankly I am amazed he got away with it and in the first five minutes someone didn't say "who the hell is this guy, hey, you, yeah you, let's see some ID" but he got away with it. It's ludicrously unsportsmanlike but that having been said I do admit I chuckle a bit at the audacity and balls he had to give it a shot. And for a getting away with it as long as he did. It's like something you'd expect to see on the TV show Impractical Jokers.

0d7aa243f3dc8efad365b37c30d9e9a4

Reactions: NUCat320
In a since-locked thread, I was opining whether this is a great day for Mr. Stalions, or a painful one. The achievement he’s been waiting his entire life for, but he wasn’t able to join.

Turns out, the day is so good for him that he decided to return to Twitter.

Michigan fans love Connor Stalions, “the weirdo who was on staff to cheat.”

In a since-locked thread, I was opining whether this is a great day for Mr. Stalions, or a painful one. The achievement he’s been waiting his entire life for, but he wasn’t able to join.

Turns out, the day is so good for him that he decided to return to Twitter.

Michigan fans love Connor Stalions, “the weirdo who was on staff to cheat.”
Not sure why they locked the thread.

Michigan fans (and butt hurt NU fans) probably complained and needed a safe space.

Can't we have some good clean, American fun anymore?

How is the NCAA supposed to vacate a championship it doesn’t organize or sanction? The college football playoff is contracted and organized by the power conferences and the TV networks, the NCAA isn’t even a party to it.
The Bowls (including the past BCS championships) are also organized privately, but that didn't stop USC from having to give up one of their football championships. But this is not something theoretical. It has happened before that teams have had to vacate wins and ended up losing their bowl titles.

2005 Orange Bowl (BCS Championship) , USC.
2011 Sugar Bowl, Ohio State.
2011 New Orleans Bowl, Louisiana–Lafayette.
2013 New Orleans Bowl, Louisiana–Lafayette.
2014 Outback Bowl, LSU.
2015 Texas Bowl, LSU.
2020 Gator Bowl, Tennessee

I don't know the full scenario in the others, but I know Ohio State was under investigation at the time of the bowl invite and, like Michigan with this years playoff, was allowed to go ahead and play in the 2011 Sugar Bowl only to have the NCAA come down later in the year to have them vacate their Sugar Bowl title and their 2010 Big Ten Co-Championship. Michigan vacating a national title and possibly recent Big Ten titles, would only become the most recent and highest profile example.

Understand everyone has an opinion and what they believe is right. I know I want a dream world. College football is driven by money just like the rest of the business world. I am most proud of trying to be an honest businessman and leader for the team I lead. I will not cheat or lie to get ahead. I hope and expect the same for Northworstern. I have seen enough sacrifice the right for wins at Michigan and have zero respect for them for it. They are not alone in this. I also realize there is no perfect program or university.

That's what "complementary football" is supposed to look like (you need a stout O-line and a run game to succeed with it, not to mention a top tier D).

Speaking of UM's D, it was not only dominant, but pretty unique in college football.

Harbaugh got a huge assist from his brother in that his past 2 DCs were promising, young assistants from the Ravens (the DC that beat CJ Stroud is now the DC of the best D in the NFL).

So, UM's scheme is basically a Ravens-lite scheme build to defend against Day's dOSU offense, which coincidentally, was well suited to stopping UDub's O with Penix.

Not surprisingly that Penix didn't have his best game with all the pressure he was facing and the different looks the secondary was throwing at him.

Harbaugh is probably leaving for the NFL and will be taking his DC, Minter, with him.

All the recent success wouldn't have happened if Harbaugh hadn't moved on from his long-time DC, Brown.

When Harbaugh asked his brother for help in beating dOSU, John offered Jim a choice of 2 defensive assistants.

Jim picked MacDonald and the other assistant, Minter, went to Vandy as its DC, but when MacDonald moved back to the Ravens, Minter took the spot.

Despite the lack of 5* recruits like Bama, UGA, DOSU - UM, this season, made up for that with a lot of 4th and 5th year seniors.

And on top of that, put their players in a position to succeed with great schemes on both sides of the ball (the use of motion, switches, stunts, etc to keep the opponents guessing).

Fitz had the right idea with going with an NFL passing D scheme, but picked the wrong scheme/guy.

Instead of the read/react crap we've seen fail time and time again, UM went with a scheme that causes the opposing D to try to react to what they are doing (that is, if they can decipher the different looks the D is showing).

Michigan's win is actually a template for programs like NU to break through and make the 12 team playoffs.

Upperclass-laden talent combined with good coaching/schemes/player development.

What the powers-that-be in CFB need to do is start the playoff shortly after the regular season ends with the Championship game on New Year's (would be great if the Rose Bowl was the site of the championship every year).

That would solve a lot of problems with the timing of the transfer portal, and keep the interest up after the end of the regular season.

Also, we'll probably eventually see players getting bonuses for playing PO games (if coaches and even ADs get huge bonuses, why can't players for putting their bodies at further risk?).

Last edited:
I highly doubt that. They just kicked total ass in the national championship. The last thing they need is a safe space. They’re the best f’ing team in college football.
Eh I think they lose to Georgia and maybe even Oregon.

They got lucky to play in the weak BIG East. Doubt they come out of the West undefeated.

Eh I think they lose to Georgia and maybe even Oregon.

They got lucky to play in the weak BIG East. Doubt they come out of the West undefeated.
What happened to Georgia. They lost to Alabama. What happened to Oregon. They lost to Washington. What did Michigan do. Beat both Alabama and Washington. Your post is irrelevant

Reactions: No Chores
What happened to Georgia. They lost to Alabama. What happened to Oregon. They lost to Washington. What did Michigan do. Beat both Alabama and Washington. Your post is irrelevant
Naw. We’ll never know and Im as right as the CFP committee. Michigan should have been 4 behind Alabama, Texas, Washington and Liberty.

• Haha
Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT