ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAWLAX Tourney Thread

Make that 7-1 (8:09 left in the 2nd). Hansen just scored her 2nd goal of the night and 23rd of the season. Pour it on!

The field on the lake looks very nice.

Reactions: drewjin
Ugh. Izzy Skane scored her 4th goal but they missed it and there’s no replay.

They Grayhounds then came down the field and scored. So it should be 9-2, but it’s 8-2 and she’s stuck at 3.

Skane got an assist and then another goal. She’s nasty.

Cats up 10-2. I’m about to switch to the Lakers game. Hope one of you fills the gap.

Face Denver next. They defeated UNC 5-4. Looks like more stall ball on the horizon. Hopefully the Cats learned from the Michigan game and Kelly will have them ready to face the Pioneers version.

Face Denver next. They defeated UNC 5-4. Looks like more stall ball on the horizon. Hopefully the Cats learned from the Michigan game and Kelly will have them ready to face the Pioneers version.
Denver played a soft schedule this year, but remains undefeated with high quality wins over Maryland, BC and UNC. So you have to assume they’ll be a very tough opponent.

GOUNUII

Many years ago I started school at Northwestern, finished a degree at U of Denver. Have followed sports programs of both ever since. Right now, life is sweet.

Last edited:
Skane owns Loyola
It's been awhile since we've seen someone not double Skane every time she touched the ball. Guess there's a reason why. That was a Tewaaraton-winning performance tonight

Fun, relentless team defense.

A little sad not to get a rematch vs. UNC, but a Final Four matchup against first-timers Denver should be great clash of styles. Go 'Cats!

Denver's zone defense was impressive. It is effective because women's stick technology makes outside shooting difficult. It is easier to recover in a zone in women's lacrosse since the effective scoring area is so much smaller than in the men's game. UNC moved the ball quickly but the condensed zone limited shots.
UNC did not exploit transition , allowing Denver to set up their zone.
It will be interesting to see how NU fares . I hope they improve their 8 yard frees against UD

Reactions: drewjin and Alvious
Anybody nervous? Because I'm nervous.
Yes. Me too. But I hope Denver is more so. If we can get our o rolling well vs their stout d we will win. Their o doesn't scare me. I just hope they don't do what Michigan did the opening tourney game first half. They will probably try....now is our coach time to shine with a great game plan

Do I know all the rules? No. Can I always follow all the action? No. Am I having a great time watching a fun game? Hell yeah.
It's a pretty easy sport to casually follow, there aren't constant big stoppages with complex infractions like football or basketball, there aren't areas of the field with special zones that need to be respected too much like hockey, and there's plenty of action.

I have watched so much basketball, football, and baseball in my life that I know all the rhythms and pacing. Just trying to get used to it in lacrosse. When they whip it in the goal...whew!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT