ADVERTISEMENT

New look

Why couldn't we have worn them against a team who wears red or something? This is brutal...

Or tell Penn State to wear home whites for the game. This is brutal to watch

Pretty sure a few Penn St. players got confused and threw the ball straight to our guys.

Originally posted by thewildcat2011:
Pretty sure a few Penn St. players got confused and threw the ball straight to our guys.
It definitely happened once. Someone threw it right to Law. I don't remember any other time...

My guess . . .

is that the conference will see that this doesn't happen again.

Perhaps in person there was a difference but on tv both teams were much the same color.

I'm pretty sure NCAA rules require distinctly different color of jerseys, and officials would've been within their rights today to require the Cats to change colors. (Home team's responsibility.) In years past I had to do that occasionally at high school level in a couple of sports, but for a D-1 game? It should never have happened.

BP

Originally posted by Lou V:
Check it out. Now that's a formidable front line.
Did the equipment folks hand out shoulder pads and jerseys for these guys? They don't leave equipment lying around in player's lockers in the offseason.

I disagree we won by 21 in them. They can use them all they want!!

A few years ago, Bucky played Illinois. All red versus all orange. Probably was okay in person but on TV, forgeddaboudit. May have been prior to our having high def, as well. Team unis were basically indistinguishable except during closeups. Today was equally exasperating. A few times, for a guy wearing glasses for eyes that peaked 5 decades ago, it took a while for me to detect which team had the rebound.

Perfect scenario to break out the "JUST LIKE FOOTBALL !" taunt at the end of the game.

Re: My guess . . .

It must have been better in person on the court, right?

In today's big money TV situation, they have to think of the viewer as well. I liked the look if we were playing Sparty or Illinois or any of the the 6 or 7 B1G red teams, but not so much for MI, Purdue, PSU.

Wow. Guess I'm on an island here . . . but I was at the game, and it never so much as occurred me that there was any issue with distinguishing one team from the other. I'm on the other side of 50, and had LASIK about a dozen years ago, so I'm hardly the poster child for great vision. And on top of all that, I actually liked the jerseys a lot; I'd be fine with trotting these out from time to time. Hey, someone's gotta be the lone voice in the wind . . .

That's the first thing I thought of, Palindrome.

My googling tells me (from an ancient baylorfans.com thread) that it was February 2004. It was awful. I can't find any images.

It was an 'orange-out', or something stupid like that, but they apparently forgot to tell Bucky.

If you touched your TV screen you could easily tell which team was which. Try it next time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT