ADVERTISEMENT

Not the Big Ten

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
On another site tracking the predicted final decisions of current uncommitted top 300 recruits there are very few with Big Ten Connections. However of the Big Ten Schools Michigan did jump out being in the hunt for 4 or 5.Almost all seem headed for the SEC. Utah kind of stuck out as an outlier,,,,,what is their draw? I am guessing the OSU who was out of the loop because they have almost filled their class???? It will be interesting to see in the final rankings (and I know they are not a real indicator) if the Big Tens relatively successful bowl season helped at all ?

I'm pretty sure Wisconsin's classes haven't ranked with Auburn recently. Didn't seem to make much difference on New Year's Day. Alabama, which had 10 five-stars on its roster, was sitting home watching Oregon, which had one, play for the national title.

Doesn't a lot of this have to do with the fact that the SEC schools are perfectly happy to bump a kid they've already committed to for these top, top recruits? Maybe some of these kids have figured out the game and are playing it themselves. There's no point in committing anywhere if you're really really good because the SEC schools will ALWAYS find room for you right up to the day classes start...

OSU is in a numbers crunch with available scholarships. They're in the conversation with about 4 prospects, but maybe only have 1-2 spots available.

It's not surprising that Some uncommitted highly rated prospects are looking at Michigan. If he gets these high 4 and 5 star guys Harbaugh will salvage this years class. If not, the Wolverines may run into depth issues early in the a Harbaugh era.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT