ADVERTISEMENT

NU-Illinois second-half thread

We need to get some pressure. Our patch work corners are serviceable but give any Big Ten QB this much time and this is what you get.

If this brutal performance in pass blocking doesn't convince Fitz to look elsewhere for a new OL coach I'm not sure if anything will.

If this brutal performance in pass blocking doesn't convince Fitz to look elsewhere for a new OL coach I'm not sure if anything will.
And Thorson will never become a top flight QB if he doesn't recognize pressure and step up in the pocket.

McShepard had no clue where the ball was on the TD pass.

No pressure and bad coverage is not a good mixture...and let's not kid ourselves, this is a horrible Illini team...what is up with the D today?

And Thorson will never become a top flight QB if he doesn't recognize pressure and step up in the pocket.

Where do you want him to step up? There are guys coming untouched right up the middle. Two brutal football teams playing right now.

Well, after watching Arizona pissing away their bowl eligibility against 2-9 ASU, I prayed cats wouldn't repeat the same complacency against Illinois. But Here we are..

Pass blocking for NU is brutal. Making Illinois look like Illinois State.

I'm flummoxed. Can't get to Lunt, can't stop the run, can't defend the pass. NU's D is making Illinois look like they should be representing the West in the B1G Championship game.

Really poor play from both lines. How does crappy Illinois get so much pressure on our QB and we get none?

How many holding calls on NU is that now today? I've lost count.

We are a crappy team getting one break after another.

I'm not saying he doesn't, but if you think Thorson is getting killed today because he's not feeling the pressure correctly we aren't watching the same game. Holding penalties, constant pressure, guys getting through untouched is just ridiculous. Our LG literally just tackled an IL defender in the backfield. Embarrassing.

Reactions: LACatFan
Keystone cops on the field today. NU is playing awful. No blocking, dropped passes, missed tackles. I was planning to travel to a bowl game. Not sure after what I have seen today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT