ADVERTISEMENT

NU Softball

Ugh - 2 run homer for UCLA in top of 8th. Now going to the bottom down 2. Not looking good, but never say die!

The ticker running on ESPN shows the Cats as #23.......

Yep. What I mean't was that they should go up, since they've won 2 in this prestigious tournament, and they play more highly ranked teams in the same tourney. Presently 6 - 1 on the season

Yep. What I mean't was that they should go up, since they've won 2 in this prestigious tournament, and they play more highly ranked teams in the same tourney.
They definitely go up if they at least split their remaining games. This looks like a really strong team, should contend for the B1G title with UM.

Reactions: No Chores
They definitely go up if they at least split their remaining games. This looks like a really strong team, should contend for the B1G title with UM.
Agreed. They have 3 games remaining in the tourney, 2 against ranked teams, Clemson #15 and Oklahoma St. # 7. My only concern is that Danielle Williams has been our only consistent pitcher. Dvorak and Supple have been ok, but not against the better teams. The good news is we can really hit, and a game like UCLA should really boost our confidence.

Agreed. They have 3 games remaining in the tourney, 2 against ranked teams, Clemson #15 and Oklahoma St. # 7. My only concern is that Danielle Williams has been our only consistent pitcher. Dvorak and Supple have been ok, but not against the better teams. The good news is we can really hit, and a game like UCLA should really boost our confidence.

Oops, I was wrong about this. We have only 2 games remaining in this tourney, Clemson today and Oklahoma State tomorrow. Then we head to California to play in the Mary Nutter Classic where we open against Oregon. I'll follow them on-line on the opponent's website and report. The NU website sucks and won't permit you to access the stats. Instead, you have to pay to subscribe to ESPN+. This is true for a lot of sports on the NU site which are not televised.

Looks like the game today might be televised on the ACCN. I get this with my cable package and I'm sure others do as well. Starts, I believe, at 11:00 am EST.

Looks like the game today might be televised on the ACCN. I get this with my cable package and I'm sure others do as well. Starts, I believe, at 11:00 am EST.
I'm getting it in Texas. Top of first right now, and Cats have bases loaded. Would be nice to have a crooked-number start.

(Edit) Nope. But a threatening 1st inning nonetheless.

Reactions: No Chores
Cats add 2 more on a line drive home run by Angela Zedak.4-0 lead heading into the bottom of the fifth.

Cats add 3 more in the top of the 6th.Schellmeyer 2 run triple and scores on an error by Clemson.7-0 Cats lead.

Season has just started but the Cats building a nice resume with some very impressive wins.Overall the women sports programs at NU are just top notch.Beautiful to see.GO CATS!!!

Oklahoma State - 'Cats up 3 zip going to bottom of the third. Danielle has not given up a hit. Play by play can be followed on the Oklahoma State website.

Reactions: ubercat
Oklahoma State - 'Cats up 3 zip going to bottom of the third. Danielle has not given up a hit. Play by play can be followed on the Oklahoma State website.
Oklahoma State rallying, 3-2 through 4. Danielle just got out of a bases loaded jam.

Thanks for this NoChores. Fills my NU fix for the day. :)

Love to see the lady cats take that next step across all the major womens sports

Thanks for this NoChores. Fills my NU fix for the day. :)

Love to see the lady cats take that next step across all the major womens sports
Potential disaster. Two solo homers in the bottom of the 6th for Oklahoma State. They lead 4-3 wih one shot left for the 'Cats

Damn. I jinxed that mojo. Would be nice to have a strong second arm behind Danielle. Thats a lot of pitches on little rest this tournament…. :(

Well, the 'Cats lost 4 - 3 to a good team, but one that had lost 3 in a row. Oklahoma State did beat Michigan 4 zip in this tourney however.
For those craving more NU action today, lacrosse plays Arizona State at 1:00 pm EST and the game can be followed on the internet. Women's Basketball tips-off against Illinois on the BTN at 5:00 pm EST.

Damn. I jinxed that mojo. Would be nice to have a strong second arm behind Danielle. Thats a lot of pitches on little rest this tournament…. :(
Yep. Dvorak, Supple and Boyd all were highly recruited, but have not done a lot so far.

Tough loss today.Danielle ran out of gas today giving up 3 homers,but she and the rest of the lady cats had a really nice weekend taking 3 out of 4 against top competition.Looks like the cats will have a strong team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT