ADVERTISEMENT

NU Softball

I checked a few minutes ago and there was heavy snow falling in Evanston. Doubt that play will resume, and the forecast for tomorrow is not much better, Too bad because Boyd had not yet given up a hit.
Game postponed till tomorrow.Hope they can get them both in.

Cats win suspended game 6-4, with Boyd getting the win and Williams the save, striking out the side in the 7th. Rachael Lewis hit a monstrous 3 run tater. NU moves to 24-4. Third game of the weekend to follow.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
'Cats come from behind to beat Michigan again in game one! 4 runs in bottom of 6th to go ahead by 2, and brought Danielle in for the top of the 7th to finish off the Wolverines.

'Cats come from behind to beat Michigan again in game one! 4 runs in bottom of 6th to go ahead by 2, and brought Danielle in for the top of the 7th to finish off the Wolverines.
And Danielle struck out the side. Will she start game two? I suspect so

According to the insidenu people There is a great crowd for today’s doubleheader, like a full house. What is the seating capacity?

Well the lady cats could not pull out the sweep against the nationally ranked Michiganders on sunday.Still had a productive weekend though taking 2 out of 3.NU'S winning streak was snapped at 14.So time to start another long winning streak.Tough schedule as they are at TSISB on Tuesday.That game on the ACC network at 4 CT then a weekend series at Columbus against the Buckeyes for 3.GO CATS!!!

Cats lose to Notre Dame 3-2. The bats went silent, for the most part. Not gonna lie, this one kind of stings.
Nonetheless, we were ahead 2 - 1 late, and poor fielding did us in. We've had this issue a couple of times in the past, and need to tighten it up in the field.

Was able to record the game and watched it last night.We looked a little off or sluggish yesterday.First mid-week road game against a good opponent.As No Chores said we had the lead in the 6th and could not hold on.An error hurt us yesterday.Against Michigan we had a total of 4 errors and a baserunning screw up that cost us a 2 run homer.Have to get back to playing sharp fundamental softball.

Reactions: No Chores
Cats lose to Notre Dame 3-2. The bats went silent, for the most part. Not gonna lie, this one kind of stings.
So lowly Notre Dame gets the rare upset of a much better Northwestern program. Those Irish girls might still be celebrating the stars aligning for them.

A classic "shit happens" moment.

GOUNUII

Much as I would like to agree because of my intense dislike of ND, they are not "lowly", and are currently ranked in the top 25. Still, we should have beaten them and essentially gave the game away in the 6th. I will admit, though, that you are very much an expert on those "hot" ND co-eds.

Much as I would like to agree because of my intense dislike of ND, they are not "lowly", and are currently ranked in the top 25. Still, we should have beaten them and essentially gave the game away in the 6th. I will admit, though, that you are very much an expert on those "hot" ND co-eds.
I was just trying to flip the fan perspective we’ve seen way too many times over the years when it comes to NU vs ND athletics.

My attempt to impersonate a condescending ND fan was obviously a dud.

But my courtship of the ND girl - who’s Irish fandom is greatly exceeded by her love affair with NU athletics - turned out pretty well. Will never forget her first visit to the ATO house for a weekend with me in Chicago. The head turning, blue eyed blonde who could hold her liquor and tell/take a joke was very popular with my frat brothers.

GOUNUII

I think this game is a bit of a one off. My understanding is that we held back our ace from pitching late in order to preserve her for conference play. If this game really “mattered” Williams would have brought on to close things out.

I think this game is a bit of a one off. My understanding is that we held back our ace from pitching late in order to preserve her for conference play. If this game really “mattered” Williams would have brought on to close things out.
Good decision by Coach Drohan not to use Williams against ND.Williams had just pitched in all 3 games against Michigan including a 9 inning game to start that series. A long way to go in this season and we don't want to burn Williams out.Still hoping Boyd or Dvorak can lock down that second starting spot.That would really help us when we get to the BIG tourney and then onto the regionals.

Good decision by Coach Drohan not to use Williams against ND.Williams had just pitched in all 3 games against Michigan including a 9 inning game to start that series. A long way to go in this season and we don't want to burn Williams out.Still hoping Boyd or Dvorak can lock down that second starting spot.That would really help us when we get to the BIG tourney and then onto the regionals.
Agreed. Boyd pitched well in the game we blew due to poor fielding.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Agreed. Boyd pitched well in the game we blew due to poor fielding.

She was warming up in the 6th.

Cats in Columbus to take on the buckeyes.Going into the bottom of the second Cats up 2-0 on back to back jacks by Lewis and Rudd in the top of the first.Williams on the mound for us.

Buckeyes tie it up on a two run homer in the 2nd.Top of the 3rd Cats look to take the lead.

Cats answer with a 4 spot in the top of the 3rd thanks to some some bad pitching and defense by the buckeyes.3 straight walks and then an error by the pitcher helped our cause.6-2 Cats.

Another home run for NU as Shellmeyer goes deep.7-3 Cats in the bottom of the 4th.Dvorak in to pitch replacing Williams.

Two more homers for NU.Angela Zedak with a two run shot in the 5th then Rafael Lewis with her second of the game in the 6th another two run homer.11-3 Cats in the 6th Cats still batting.

Thanks my man - love the play by play!
My pleasure.Great game today as the Cats run rule Ohio State 12-3.5 homers today.Skyler Shellmeyer hit her first career home run and Rachel Lewis is now tied for second place on NU’s all-time home run list just 1 behind the great Tammy Williams.Lauren Dvorak pitched well today in relief of Danielle Williams.Back at it again tomorrow.GO CATS!!!

The Cats play Purdue this weekend at SDF then a week from today on the 20th play at Illinois.DH both games on BTN.

My grand daughter played with Lewis on a travel team that won the 12U national championship. Proud to say that my grand daughter hit .633 as a junior then slacked off to a .549 average as a senior.

The games against the Illini will be important as they are in 3rd place in the conference. However based on current weather forecast the scheduled Wednesday games will probably be rained out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT