ADVERTISEMENT

NU Softball

Due to the rainy weather forecast for late afternoon/evening , the time for the first game for tomorrow's doubleheader against the Illini has been moved up to 12 noon (originally scheduled for 4 PM). The Cats are now ranked # 6. Illinois has moved up to #25 in one of the polls so they will be a potentially challenging opponent

GO CATS !!

After our field hockey team won the national championship in the fall, the bar has been raised for our excellent softball and lacrosse teams. Win ladies!

This was the first blowout loss for the Lady Cats this year so probably no reason to panic (yet). The Illini are a good team..3rd place in the Big Ten.

The Sox are another story. IMHO hiring LaRussa as manager was a mistake.

Reactions: Alvious
This was the first blowout loss for the Lady Cats this year so probably no reason to panic (yet). The Illini are a good team..3rd place in the Big Ten.

The Sox are another story. IMHO hiring LaRussa as manager was a mistake.
My uncle played for Larussa in the early 80’s and hated the guy. I’m sure he hasn’t changed much.

My uncle played for Larussa in the early 80’s and hated the guy. I’m sure he hasn’t changed much.
Plus, it's 40 years later than the early '80s! This team can (hopefully) win in spite of the manager, and not because of him. Too bad Reinsdorf is still involved in the mechanics of the team -- AJ Hinch was available last year instead of TLR

Cats prevail13-8 in a 3 hour ballgame.Overcame a 4 run deficit.Tied the game in the top of the 6th on a Nieto home run,then scored 6 runs in the top of the 9th.Danille Williams had to pitch 4 innings for the win.Cats go for the sweep tomorrow.

Cats prevail13-8 in a 3 hour ballgame.Overcame a 4 run deficit.Tied the game in the top of the 6th on a Nieto home run,then scored 6 runs in the top of the 9th.Danille Williams had to pitch 4 innings for the win.Cats go for the sweep tomorrow.
Win #21 for Danielle WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWilliams

Reactions: Arlcatsfan

Nice to see (hear) Lisa Byington still doing BTN games even after scoring the Bucks gig.

Rachel Lewis at it again. A 3 run Homer in the top of the5th.Cats doubling up Indiana 6to3.Williams pitching.

Wish we had another reliable pitcher. Danielle is racking up a lot of innings.
That is the only problem this team has.Williams really scuffling today.Has walked five batters,hit a couple and given up six hits in five innings.Hard to keep sharp when she is pitching all those innings.

Cats win 11 to 3.Williams battled and gave up only one earned run.Our offense overwhelmed Indiana for the win today and the sweep for the weekend .Nice job ladies.

Reactions: No Chores
Williams gives up only 5 hits and 1 earned run, while striking out 9. Moves to 22 and 2 on the year. 'Cats now 34 and 7 on the season I believe.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT