ADVERTISEMENT

NU v. Ball State First-Half Thread

His hand was in the perfect position and should have knocked it down. He just missed the ball.

If we are going to both throw interceptions and fumble, then our options on offense become very limited.

Thorson is simply not a BiG QB yet. The problem is that we don't have anybody else. We have recruited so poorly on offense the last few years. Not a single decent WR on the roster. The OL is weak. Too bad. The D can't shut out everybody.

Thorson is simply not a BiG QB yet. The problem is that we don't have anybody else. We have recruited so poorly on offense the last few years. Not a single decent WR on the roster. The OL is weak. Too bad. The D can't shut out everybody.

I disagree that we don't have good players on offense. Problem the past two years has been at the QB position.

I guessed 10-7 going into the half but thought it would be the other way. The problem is that in my version our offense would be moving the ball okay but would be hurt by turnovers. I am surprised and worried by how little time of possession we have had.

Your D will pull it out in the second half. Have faith.
BTW..great game here at Jerry World...Arkansas vs Texas A&M.
Flip over to ESPN and enjoy!

He had pretty good coverage and got his arm across the receiver. Just missed the ball. He breaks up that pass 3 times out of 4, IMO. Just a tough break.

That was just a great pass by the BS QB (who, btw, is a slippery fella) - on the money in tight coverage.

BS is playing disciplined D and not letting the 'Cats run game get more than 3-4 yds a pop (don't think Colter would make much of a diff. back there).

Need to get something out of the passing game so the BS D can't just key on JJ.

Agree with TheC on Thorson as QB and we'll be lucky to win three league games with him. Jackson can't break a long run and the receivers don't get open. We have no passing game. Those guys on the other side are the little sisters of mercy and we're making them look like All Pros.

This is s*&t. Offense needs to get it rolling. If not, this could get ugly. You cannot have the Defense out on the field for 80% of the game.

I disagree that we don't have good players on offense. Problem the past two years has been at the QB position.

U still think Siemian was the problem last year? LMAO!

Agree with TheC on Thorson as QB and we'll be lucky to win three league games with him. Jackson can't break a long run and the receivers don't get open. We have no passing game. Those guys on the other side are the little sisters of mercy and we're making them look like All Pros.

The 1st half reminded me of the Brewfka experiment.

What happened to limiting JJ's carries? box score has him at 14 carries for 61 yards. Looks like another 30 + night.

That was just a great pass by the BS QB (who, btw, is a slippery fella) - on the money in tight coverage.

Yep, it was a great throw, but again, NVH had good coverage. Slant route to endzone, no safety help, you've got to just stay with the WR and get a hand on the ball. NVH did everything right but just missed the ball.

VERY nice drive...everything worked wonderfully....let's have a few more like that...each after a 3-and-out by the opponent.

Last edited:
where has this guy been all season. looks so comfortable making 40 yard completions down field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT