ADVERTISEMENT

Official NU-Illinois State Second Half Thread

I haven't signed in in sometime... but I had to be a part of this conversation. All I have to say is whaaaaaaaaat happened to this squad over the summer... was Dean Lowry that important to this team?

Sorry to have to bear this with you all today. I wish everyone the best of luck as we all work to pick up the pieces of our shattered lives.

Nice win for Illinois State.

Nice program-damaging loss for Pat Fitzgerald.

The ONLY thing I liked was Fitz's good sportsmanship with his friend Spack. It would have been easy not to give a good congrats but Fitz was a class act.

But that is all I can say for the guy.

I haven't signed in in sometime... but I had to be a part of this conversation. All I have to say is whaaaaaaaaat happened to this squad over the summer... was Dean Lowry that important to this team?

We have a lot of young guys and only two white starters. Lowry was a guy everybody respected. I'm really sorry for leaking this but we have had a major culture chemistry issue for at least 5 years.

Sorry fellas kolbe > thorson

Can't say that I disagree, at least with the way the 2 QBs played today.

Think Thorson has improved a bit since last season, but still has trouble going through his progressions and tucks and runs with the ball too soon and once he starts running, forgets about the pass instead of using his legs to set up the pass.

The Kolbe kid (in his 2nd start) already seems to have more of a handle at being a passing QB.

Thought that coming into last season that Thorson was more of a true DT QB, but he clearly was pretty raw as a passer.

Thorson still has plenty of time to develop, but there's a reason why I have always been the proponent of recruiting more polished passing QBs (who are mobile) than running QBs who are a bit raw as a passer.

Think Thorson has improved a bit since last season, but still has trouble going through his progressions and tucks and runs with the ball too soon and once he starts running, forgets about the pass instead of using his legs to set up the pass.

The Kolbe kid (in his 2nd start) already seems to have more of a handle at being a passing QB.

Thought that coming into last season that Thorson was more of a true DT QB, but he clearly was pretty raw as a passer.

Thorson still has plenty of time to develop, but there's a reason why I have always been the proponent of recruiting more polished passing QBs (who are mobile) than running QBs who are a bit raw as a passer.

When he runs, he does so because no one is open and he has three guys breathing down his neck. Not sure what you guys are watching.

That may be why they recruited smith and green. Both passers

When he runs, he does so because no one is open and he has three guys breathing down his neck. Not sure what you guys are watching.

I'm glad u can tell by watching tv no one is open. He seems to look for 1st read only and occasionally 2nd read. Today Carr 7 catches and nagle 4 nobody else had multiple catches and he threw it 41 times. Korbe had 5 guys with multiple catches also with 41 attempts. Shows me one qb going threw progressions and one not. Don't give me the pressure argument because Korbe was also getting pressured.
Thorson had bad game today end of story

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT