ADVERTISEMENT

Official NU-Illinois State Second Half Thread

When is the point that we simply wear down this FCS team and they wither away under our dominance?

Hopefully I am not jinxing things, but their lines are definitely wearing down a bit. Good couple of drives for us.

Why is best corner playing on the kick coverage team? Isn't our competitive depth the best in a long time? Don't play your irreplaceable players on special teams please!

we are gonna have to get some pressure with Harris out. how about a blitz!!!!

Why is best corner playing on the kick coverage team? Isn't our competitive depth the best in a long time? Don't play your irreplaceable players on special teams please!
Unbelievable and inexcusable. Harris gets hurt on a kickoff and goes to the locker room.

Chalk up another victory for the three man front. Just when you want it out of your life forever, it shows up and has at least some association with a defensive stop. Not sure it caused that errant pass

If we had taken care of business this should be garbage time and Harris wouldn't have been in there. That just adds to the frustration.
Taken care of business? They're the ones who threw a pick in the end zone. We do not look like a dominant team just having a bad game against a FCS opponent.

Again...thorson...just tuck and run, get the yards.

I just do not understand why he never keeps on the read option. It seems like he has good opportunities to run on the backside, but he just hands off and the RB is immediately swallowed at or behind the LOS.

Reactions: TejasCat
At least we are catching the punts, but you have to return them when noone is 15 yards from you

Reactions: Fitz51
I just do not understand why he never keeps on the read option. It seems like he has good opportunities to run on the backside, but he just hands off and the RB is immediately swallowed at or behind the LOS.
Worst part is I bet he's being coached to be more patient/look for a receiver

Our blitzing has been pathetic. Our blitzers get a terrible jump on the snap, run into traffic and have
Mostly fallen down at the line. Seem Walker do that twice in 4th quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT