ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OSU QBs

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Brutal. Miller was poor before he got hurt, the true Freshman is clueless. 26 yards passing in the first half.

To think OSU once won a Natty with their third string QB and today their third string QB wouldn't play for NU. I like NU's chances against OSU in '24. if they don't bring in a transfer QB.

Reactions: drewjin
Brutal. Miller was poor before he got hurt, the true Freshman is clueless. 26 yards passing in the first half.

To think OSU once won a Natty with their third string QB and today their third string QB wouldn't play for NU. I like NU's chances against OSU in '24. if they don't bring in a transfer QB.
Portal hurts the top teams even more at QB because they sign multiple 4* guys or at least one every year, who know they can start for many P5 teams so they will transfer rather than sit 1-2 years. They end up getting replaced by other top teams’ QB transfers.

Reactions: RevCat
Keinholz has been put in a tough spot. Interested to see how the second half plays out. He had an NDSU offer and seems like a candidate to transfer given OSU’s commit this year and likelihood of getting a transfer to start next year.

Reactions: drewjin
Ugly game. Hope it’s miserable for dOSU fans 😀😀😀
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Reactions: zanycat

Who is miller

OSU is exiting the era of the B1G East with not a bang but a whimper.
Wondering if Day’s seat is warm or hot. Dude looks like he’s aged incredibly since he took over.

What’s his buyout? Will the Bucks try to bring Urban back again?

They looked like Iowa last night. Now, unlike us, they can do what they want in the portal, but, as I understand it, their NIL is rather rudimentary. That might slow down a portal QB hunt.

Day is Cooper 2.0 imo

Portal hurts the top teams even more at QB because they sign multiple 4* guys or at least one every year, who know they can start for many P5 teams so they will transfer rather than sit 1-2 years. They end up getting replaced by other top teams’ QB transfers.
^^^^^^^This. It's a new era.

^^^^^^^This. It's a new era.
It's such a moving target. OSU got Ewers early, big NIL, but he wasn't gonna beat out Stroud, so he left.

On a less visible scale, if we get a portal guy, Sully may leave. Then, what If the new guy is closer to HuJo/Hilinski than Ramsey/Bryant? Or if we go with Sully and he gets hurt or doesn't level-up, then what?

They looked like Iowa last night. Now, unlike us, they can do what they want in the portal, but, as I understand it, their NIL is rather rudimentary. That might slow down a portal QB hunt.

Day is Cooper 2.0 imo
Yep, agree, and that may not be a good thing for the B1G. Every time they fire a coach, they bring in a coach that wins the NC and really gets that program really rolling. Tressel in 2002 and Urban Meyer in 2014.

And if you've watched OSU this year, Their biggest issue was their OL and it really sucked against Missouri. Thet true freshman Kienholz will be just fine.

BUT, the real issue that Ryan Day is facing is that he's not an Ohio native and while that sounds crazy, it really isn't. There have been only 2 non-native Ohioans HCs at OSU since right after WW2 - Cooper and Day. All of their other coaches had winning records against Michigan (since WW2 and Woody Hayes) and that's where it all starts at for that school.

Day is Cooper 2.0 imo

Don't know about that.

If it weren't for all the injuries in the WR room, they likely would have won the Natty last season.

Day is not a healthy guy. For his sake I hope OSU cuts the cord on him as it might help him to live longer.

Don't know about that.

If it weren't for all the injuries in the WR room, they likely would have won the Natty last season.
Last year, they had CJ Stroud. This year, Honda McCord. They added a good QB from the other purple Wildcats, but he's probably closer to McCord than Stroud. Also, the new QB won't have MHJ to bail him out.

OSU will win a lot of games, as usual, but unless Day makes major changes, I'll stick with my Cooper 2.0 prediction.

Last year, they had CJ Stroud. This year, Honda McCord. They added a good QB from the other purple Wildcats, but he's probably closer to McCord than Stroud. Also, the new QB won't have MHJ to bail him out.

OSU will win a lot of games, as usual, but unless Day makes major changes, I'll stick with my Cooper 2.0 prediction.

While Day isn't going to land a CJ Stroud all the time, he is one of those offensive minded HCs who attracts such QBs.

Both Fields and CJ both ended up at dOSU bc of Day, as did all those top flight receivers.

Seems like the dOSU D is rounding into form; now Day has to work on the O-line.

While Day isn't going to land a CJ Stroud all the time, he is one of those offensive minded HCs who attracts such QBs.

Both Fields and CJ both ended up at dOSU bc of Day, as did all those top flight receivers.

That's the key for OSU. They were driving for the winning TD against Michigan when - true to form - their OL collapsed and McCord got hit and threw the game-deciding interception

I thought the receivers ended up at OSU bc of Hartline.

While Hartline had a role, don't think all those blue chip WRs would have gone to Columbus if the Bucknuts didn't have a top pass-oriented OC and/or HC.

They (or at least not as many) wouldn't have gone to Columbus to play for an O predicated on a running QB like under Urban.

Seems like Day is changing things up - don't be surprised if dOSU's run game is much improved next season with their top back returning for another year and getting the top portal RB (will make for a heck of a 1-2 punch).

Plus, a good no. of players that could go to the NFL are planning on staying for another year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT