ADVERTISEMENT

Personalized message from Coach Fitz

Mr. Stupor

Oct 21, 2012
Anybody else just get this email from your rep with a link to a video, click on the link or the video and it takes you to nusports.com where the linked page says "Video Not Available"?

C'mon, guys....

For those inquiring minds, does the message inspire enough awe to pony up $600?

I like how you can change the number in the URL and hear other personalized messages.

I think that meant "Video Not Available for Mr. Stupor".

Seriously did you get your own personalized video?

Loved getting the message from Fitz. It didn't open on cellphone, but worked great on regular computer. Don't know how many of these Fitz made, but I appreciate the effort. Go Cats!

Is this poster now among those responding to every works I write even though they know damn well I won't waste a second reading their venom?

The pathos is spreading. Symptoms include the insecure hope that I'll pay attention to their words again, the fantasy that they're accomplishing anything and above all else, the utter delusion that by repeating their unprovoked ad hominems that they're actually soothing their disturbed souls.

I will pray for you tonight to St. Jude, patron Saint of Completely Lost Causes. Maybe he's pals with St. Paul and will take pity on him.

Originally posted by Mr. Stupor:
Is this poster now among those responding to every works I write even though they know damn well I won't waste a second reading their venom?

The pathos is spreading. Symptoms include the insecure hope that I'll pay attention to their words again, the fantasy that they're accomplishing anything and above all else, the utter delusion that by repeating their unprovoked ad hominems that they're actually soothing their disturbed souls.

I will pray for you tonight to St. Jude, patron Saint of Completely Lost Causes. Maybe he's pals with St. Paul and will take pity on him.
Ahhh! Everybody is picking on poor Mr. Stupor.

When you got 'no game'...put them on ignore.

If Chris Collins does this, 001 will probably be "Hi, Gold Coast Tickets..."

Prayer? You have just outed yourself as unintellectual, Stupor. We got you!

Well whaddya know.... All Three Stooges... Just like every other time I post anything. It's pretty sad that my theory has been proven right about the 3 of you - you really can't help yourselves. You just have to respond to me. It's pathological at this point.

In 4th grade, I remember a girl who used to always run up on the playground and kick at me and hope I'd chase her around. Turned out she liked me and that was her way of expressing it because she didn't know any better in her childish mind. With all this attention I get from you 3 bozos, none of which EVER has anything to do with the topic of the thread, it's pretty clear you're either pathological or that you secretly have a man-crush on me that is causing you to re-examine - let's just say - lots of things.

I'd hold my breath for your response, but since I know it will be immediate as soon as you see I posted, there's no need. Cue the flurry of uncontrollable reaction. The funniest part is that it's only you 3 reading it so it fails at its intended purpose but you've rationalized a way to believe that unreceived communication is still worthwhile. Most sane people call that a waste of time.

Well whaddya know.... All Three Stooges... Just like every other time I post anything. It's pretty sad that my theory has been proven right about the 3 of you - you really can't help yourselves. You just have to respond to me. It's pathological at this point.
Do I have to be one of the original Stooges? If not, I would like to be Shemp. I always felt Shemp was underrated. Curly Joe, on the other hand, was just a cheap imitation of Curly.

If I have to take one of the original Stooges, I'll take Larry. He was sorta nondescript personality-wise.

Also, your story about the girl implies that if one would have to "re-examine" their sexuality, it would be a bad thing. Let's not be silly, here. I would be eager to! It's half the reason I want to meet you in person. I have always dreamed we could have one of those Carville/Matalin type relationships, and if you're up to the billing physically, I'll re-examine my sexuality in a second. Dreamy!

This post was edited on 1/27 7:44 AM by Fitz51

I appreciate the gesture, but I feel badly that Fitz (or any coach for that matter) has to or is even asked to spend what is probably hours shooting these videos. To be honest, I'd rather see a 30-45 sec. video on an unscripted/unpolished Fitz talking sincerely about the incoming class, appreciating our support and leaving it at that.

Originally posted by Sheffielder:
I appreciate the gesture, but I feel badly that Fitz (or any coach for that matter) has to or is even asked to spend what is probably hours shooting these videos. To be honest, I'd rather see a 30-45 sec. video on an unscripted/unpolished Fitz talking sincerely about the incoming class, appreciating our support and leaving it at that.
Yeah, it really is a nice touch, but he put a lot of work into that.

The Sox occasionally have players spend a few hours calling season ticket holders, but that's a few hours spread among a few guys. Fitz had to do a ton of these.

Is he just sending these messages to posters on this message board? :) What gives? Have all you guys gotten one of these? I have not.

Originally posted by stpaulcat:
Is he just sending these messages to posters on this message board? :) What gives? Have all you guys gotten one of these? I have not.

Nor I, but then I'm one of the extremely small potatoes.

He had to do 108 of them to be exact. Assuming he spent 1 minute on each one, that's actually only about 2 hours.

I don't know how they did it but thought it was amusing and a nice touch. I applaud the Ath Dept for trying new things to keep season ticket holders in the boat and attract new STH's.

Mine just arrived. Fitz loves me too! I was getting worried that he singled me out and was not sending a personalized message to me. I'm OK now.

How in the world do you know he had to do 108?

I haven't gotten one and now I'm miffed and considering not renewing.
wink.r191677.gif
Just another example of bad off season coaching, I guess. TURK, why aren't you on this! If I do renew, they'll probably re-locate me next to the other two Stooges, which would be okay if one of them didn't eat so much polish sausage.

Originally posted by NURoseBowl:

Nor I, but then I'm one of the extremely small potatoes.
I haven't gotten one either. Maybe Dr. Jim will send out a new policy suggesting that for another $1000 you can get one.

How in the world do you know he had to do 108?

I haven't gotten one and now I'm miffed and considering not renewing.
wink.r191677.gif
Just another example of bad off season coaching, I guess. TURK, why aren't you on this! If I do renew, they'll probably re-locate me next to the other two Stooges, which would be okay if one of them didn't eat so much polish sausage.
You can change the number in the URL to see what other names he recorded. Starting at 1 you get really common names like David, Robert, Michael, James, etc. My name is up in the 50s. It starts showing not found when you get to 108.

Maybe your name isn't common enough to make it into the top 108 names :)

Originally posted by DocCatsFan:

I haven't gotten one either. Maybe Dr. Jim will send out a new policy suggesting that for another $1000 you can get one.
Maybe after the 100th post where you question the length and amount of Fitz's contract, he didn't want to send you a nice personal message. I know I wouldn't.

Working backwards, message #108 truly is personalized. It's to the "Van Ness and Stone Group in Section 105," or something like that.

Message #107 is to "soon-to-be Kellogg graduate."

Message #106 is to "Wayne."

So if your name is less popular than Wayne, you might be out of luck.

It was a nice message, but I certainly would have renewed without it. Given the inflated price of entertainment these days, NU season tickets are still a relative bargain.

Originally posted by realcatfan:
Originally posted by DocCatsFan:

Maybe after the 100th post where you question the length and amount of Fitz's contract, he didn't want to send you a nice personal message. I know I wouldn't.
LOL!

Fitz did put a flaming paper bag near Doc's door.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT