ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Renewals...

T
I've never been to SeatGeek myself but some of my friends in Chi are Fire season ticket holders, they've been and swore against ever going back there if they host a Fire game there again. Said the location was awful, very difficult to get to, and I quote "imagine a worse Ryan Field that's located in the hood with nothing but empty lots and warehouses all around".

Doesn't sound like it would be very conducive to tailgating. Even if they are offering a good deal, this is probably a situation where it doesn't make sense to be cheap.

Re the higher capacity, we can cover large parts of the upper deck at Soldier (maybe even all of it for EIU or something) to get capacity down to the 40-50k range and limit the opposing fans for Wisconsin and OSU games. Sure it's tougher for the folks in the suburbs than Ryan Field, but there's no good solution to that. For Soldier you can offer the free buses to and from for students, at least it's accessible by public transport for those who live in the city. And tons of tailgating space. It's far from ideal but I think it's relatively the best of the options available (then shift to Wrigley once baseball season ends).

(PS - I really hope they can get this done in 20 months so that Ryan Field is open in 2025 and we only have 1 season of being vagabonds, each year of it is quite detrimental.)
I can not see them covering the upper deck as the Bears are still playing there. Not use it maybe but I cannot see them covering it

As Northwestern Athletics embarks on an exciting year ahead, we want to thank you for your tremendous support of our football program and its student-athletes. Following an 8-5 season, a win in Las Vegas, and the introduction of David Braun as the Dan & Susan Jones Family Head Football Coach, we are thrilled with the direction of our team and are looking forward to building on what we accomplished in 2023.

Over the last several months, we have been working tirelessly to finalize details for the upcoming season. Our aim is to communicate with our season ticket holders and fans to maintain transparency during an unprecedented time in Northwestern history. In the near future, you can expect to receive information including timelines, renewing your season tickets, parking, and other details regarding your Wildcats football experience in 2024.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and continued support as we navigate through an exciting time for Northwestern Athletics!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (888) 467-8775 or cat-tix@northwestern.edu.

Go ‘Cats!

I love that no one in the entire Athletic Dept of a Big Ten program thought communication like this should go out sooner.

• Haha
Reactions: HappyNUyear
As Northwestern Athletics embarks on an exciting year ahead, we want to thank you for your tremendous support of our football program and its student-athletes. Following an 8-5 season, a win in Las Vegas, and the introduction of David Braun as the Dan & Susan Jones Family Head Football Coach, we are thrilled with the direction of our team and are looking forward to building on what we accomplished in 2023.

Over the last several months, we have been working tirelessly to finalize details for the upcoming season. Our aim is to communicate with our season ticket holders and fans to maintain transparency during an unprecedented time in Northwestern history. In the near future, you can expect to receive information including timelines, renewing your season tickets, parking, and other details regarding your Wildcats football experience in 2024.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and continued support as we navigate through an exciting time for Northwestern Athletics!

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (888) 467-8775 or cat-tix@northwestern.edu.

Go ‘Cats!
Got this email. Love that they are going to send a timeline to us….. at some point in the future. No timeline on that yet!

Just curious what everyone's rush on this is? It seems reasonable that there would be delays on logistics. The longer the delay the longer before we have to pay the invoice LOL. The Bears haven't sent out their 2024 invoice either and I'm certainly not complaining.

Is the delay really going to make you decide not to renew? Guessing many on this thread aren't STHs anyway.

Reactions: Darren72
Just curious what everyone's rush on this is? It seems reasonable that there would be delays on logistics. The longer the delay the longer before we have to pay the invoice LOL. The Bears haven't sent out their 2024 invoice either and I'm certainly not complaining.

Is the delay really going to make you decide not to renew? Guessing many on this thread aren't STHs anyway.
Re location (not season tickets) , I have no confidence that the 2 doofuses (doofi?) will get it right or even get it done at all. Should have been worked out contractually, months ago, with an out clause in case Evanston said "no".

If they are done, just tell us, if not, why not? I can see these nimrods ending up where we play all away games.

Re location (not season tickets) , I have no confidence that the 2 doofuses (doofi?) will get it right or even get it done at all. Should have been worked out contractually, months ago, with an out clause in case Evanston said "no".

If they are done, just tell us, if not, why not? I can see these nimrods ending up where we play all away games.
100%, this was not a new development. I feel terrible for the coaches and athletes they have this level of "leadership" in the athletic department.

Yes, other than the Eastern Illinois game. College schedules are set years in advance so the NFL just works around them. It's not guaranteed - there was a weekend last year where Temple and the Eagles played on consecutive days, for example - but they do the best they can.

Lincoln Financial uses a hybrid field.

Reactions: Styre
In the city, across a few different neighborhoods.
Ryan demo hasn't even begun as of 1/30/24. Demo is expected to last about 4 months. No wrecking ball or explosives will be used either. Project has been delayed due to many factors, ie; politics, hearings and so forth. I'd be surprised if the New Ryan is ready by fall of 2026

Ryan demo hasn't even begun as of 1/30/24. Demo is expected to last about 4 months. No wrecking ball or explosives will be used either. Project has been delayed due to many factors, ie; politics, hearings and so forth. I'd be surprised if the New Ryan is ready by fall of 2026
I wonder - if they aren't done but the field is ready, what about temporary bleachers for 2026?

On current schedule it can still be done by the time we open the 2026 schedule. Further delays (if say lawsuits gets injunctions, even temporary ones) can push past the August 2026 goal.

Slow start + long demolition process always factored in given the history with Evanston.

I think we should be optimistic unless something comes up. So far everything is fine.

Last edited:
Just checked my inbox and it looks like I had a season ticket renewal message sent to me mid-Feb. last year. I'm wondering if the timeline will be the same and what (literally) they will even have to say about where the games will be played. I've heard vague references to Soldier, Wrigley, and Seat Geek Stadium but ironically nothing actually official from the Athletic Dept or Ticket Sales Rep. Do we think that's quite because they're not actually sure what's going to happen yet...or where...or when?

I think NU would be wise to offer a good discount for ALL "home" games across multiple venues but also packages that include one or two venues. I worry this is really going to be a mess for those of us who would generally like to be at every home game.
@Sheffielder

Still nothing?

This is nuts.

What's your hurry? The longer they delay sending out renewals the longer we can delay payment lol.
I fear the unwashed red hordes from OSU and, to a lesser extent, Wisconsin, buying all the tickets just to get Lambeau/Wrigley. Also I just really like NU FB

I fear the unwashed red hordes from OSU and, to a lesser extent, Wisconsin, buying all the tickets just to get Lambeau/Wrigley. Also I just really like NU FB

Lambeau isn’t happening this year based on everything we have heard lately.

Reactions: phatcat

I wouldn't worry. I realize lots of things still up in the air but I guarantee there won't be a single renewing STH that gets shutout from renewing.

I heard(no clue if true) there will be no season tix this year because of the multiple venues. Only single game tix available.

Reactions: its_the_sauce
Hmmmm, how many better ways to break up a fan base than not offering season ticket holders season tickets?

Hmmmm, how many better ways to break up a fan base than not offering season ticket holders season tickets?
Seems like a convenient way for NU Athletics to force a "hard reset" on the current season ticket holder base and get their seat license dollars and required donations for the new Ryan Field priority seating and parking.

Last edited:

OMG, people will complain about anything. Even in this case where NU might be taking a very fan/customer friendly position by not requiring a purchase of the entire season because of the stadium situation (not sure if this policy is a definite). As is NU is being kind by not requiring tickets for these next couple years to maintain ST/Purple Point thresholds. You honestly think existing STHs won't get priority selection if they go the single game route??

BTW, they'll be happy to sell you all home games as well. I mean you think they would tell people that bought games at Seat Geek "Sorry, you already bought some Seat Geek games, we can't sell you Wrigley games" ???

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
@Sheffielder

Still nothing?

This is nuts.
I've gotten no further correspondence and I'm sure no one else has, but I agree with @its_the_sauce - I'm confident there will be games and I'm confident there will be season tickets, so the longer it takes them to send info and set deadlines, the longer that money stays in my bank account. I'm in no hurry.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
I know this is a ridiculous suggestion, but at this point.....

All road games for 2024. Figure out alternatives for home games in 2025 (I know, maybe a pipedream) and then all home games in 2026*

(*much to the delight of RF neighbors)

I know this is a ridiculous suggestion, but at this point.....

All road games for 2024. Figure out alternatives for home games in 2025 (I know, maybe a pipedream) and then all home games in 2026*

(*much to the delight of RF neighbors)

That’s not how any of this works.

Reactions: zeek55
OMG, people will complain about anything. Even in this case where NU might be taking a very fan/customer friendly position by not requiring a purchase of the entire season because of the stadium situation (not sure if this policy is a definite). As is NU is being kind by not requiring tickets for these next couple years to maintain ST/Purple Point thresholds. You honestly think existing STHs won't get priority selection if they go the single game route??

BTW, they'll be happy to sell you all home games as well. I mean you think they would tell people that bought games at Seat Geek "Sorry, you already bought some Seat Geek games, we can't sell you Wrigley games" ???

I doubt that NU would penalize people for not buying season tickets during the nomadic years anyway. I actually think it makes sense to sell single-game tickets the next few seasons, perhaps at a discount for current STHs. Forcing people to buy tickets they would never use anyway is another great way to piss people off.

Reactions: 2388bb

Are you saying there would be a pre sale for STHs? (I am not one but was going to this year.) Because, if not, I assure you, Wrigley and the Wisconsin location will be solid red.

Are you saying there would be a pre sale for STHs? (I am not one but was going to this year.) Because, if not, I assure you, Wrigley and the Wisconsin location will be solid red.
HAve been a STH since '95 but this year it's impossible to buy a ticket since we have no idea where we're going to play. Someone has an idea but isn't saying because it isn't set. Good luck to getting people to buy a pig in a poke.

I'm just babbling here but it saddens me how the next few years we'll just be at odds with the Athletic Dept. and ticketing office.

I am among those who resent what feels like poor advanced planning (and unquestionably poor communication), some people will fold their arms and cheerfully skip games in the South Suburbs while the Department feels the pinch on revenue and we look like less than a high school game on broadcasts.

And then when the new stadium is ready to take STH orders, suddenly prices are double/triple what they once were, prohibitive enough that it almost feels like Northwestern is exacting its revenge on "everyone" for the previous two years.

In saying this - no, I'm not a total idiot. Of course prices are going up on a new facility, and there isn't a college football program in existence that doesn't look at its fans as little piggy banks...but I do admit I always felt a certain amount of joy being a slightly different kind of football program with a slightly different relationship to the administration - find me an FBS athletic director elsewhere who personally responded to your emails at 5 a.m.

I'm just babbling here but it saddens me how the next few years we'll just be at odds with the Athletic Dept. and ticketing office.

I am among those who resent what feels like poor advanced planning (and unquestionably poor communication), some people will fold their arms and cheerfully skip games in the South Suburbs while the Department feels the pinch on revenue and we look like less than a high school game on broadcasts.

And then when the new stadium is ready to take STH orders, suddenly prices are double/triple what they once were, prohibitive enough that it almost feels like Northwestern is exacting its revenge on "everyone" for the previous two years.

In saying this - no, I'm not a total idiot. Of course prices are going up on a new facility, and there isn't a college football program in existence that doesn't look at its fans as little piggy banks...but I do admit I always felt a certain amount of joy being a slightly different kind of football program with a slightly different relationship to the administration - find me an FBS athletic director elsewhere who personally responded to your emails at 5 a.m.
I feel like I will look back fondly at 2023, later in life, as the last, best year for a Cats FB spectator. I attended all home games at RF (though not Wrigley), plus Wisconsin. Such an unexpected and wonderful season. Now, two years of being Israelites wandering in the desert. Then several years of jockeying with novelty fans and the visiting red hordes. I'm very concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT