ADVERTISEMENT

Play that made me kick the dog

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
There has been a lot of (understandable) kvetching about the failed 4th down wildcat calls and about over using that formation without a wrinkle as the game went on, but the play that set me over the edge was the OSU punt with a little over 8 minutes to go and the score at 14-7. I understand the terrible conditions, but it was a low line drive, and the coverage was both ragged and no where near Navarro. If he fields it, Cats start probably no worse than the 30, and it is the sort of play on a slick field he might rally break a long one. As it was, it was downed for a 45 yard punt at the 11. The Cats simply need better special team coaching. That play was huge in the outcome of the game, as Fitz did not open it up due to field position and went 3 and out, give OSU the opening to seal the game.

I really fell bad for the players. They left it all on the field today.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of (understandable) kvetching about the failed 4th down wildcat calls and about over using that formation without a wrinkle as the game went on, but the play that set me over the edge was the OSU punt with a little over 8 minutes to go and the score at 14-7. I understand the terrible conditions, but it was a low line drive, and the coverage was both ragged and no where near Navarro. If he field it, Cats start probably no worse than the 30, and it is the sort of play on a slick field he might rally beak a long one. As it was, it was downed for a 45 yard punt at the 11. The Cats simply need better special team coaching. That play was huge in the outcome of the game, as Fitz did not open it up due to field position and went 3 and out, give OSU the opening to seal the game.

I really fell bad for the players. They left it all on the field today.
Sullivan had a wide open first down but fumbled the ball 🏈 to himself! OSU scored soon after at end of second quarter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT