Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Edey sure makes that team go.

Officiating perplexed me at times.

Ty Berry=complete basketball player

Boo is my all-time favorite NU hoops player. What he does in the paint continually amazes me.

Too bad Hunger missed all that time last season. He can play. Just needs time on the court.

Preston did a great job defending Edey in OT.

Premature storming of the court was the funniest thing I have ever seen at an NU game.

I knew the night was going to be special when that guy hit the half court shot at halftime.

The highlight of the evening was Uber telling a Purdue fan to stop whining and shut up.

Uber must have guns too!

Finally watching a game beginning to end, I have thoughts too:

Hunger can play. Not refined, definitely not able to be a S4 but he earned some rotation time at the five. Preston is a baller and I think he can man the four sometimes. Not talking heavy, but to get Hunger some time at the five, I can see Preston at the four. He plays smart, within himself and moves pretty well.

Not sure I’m feeling the new do on BB. Liked his mop. Would also like to see him get a bit more aggressive. Kinda like Lang and Berry did tonight. Those two were fantastic but I still see them as mirror images that should be 2a and 2b.

MN had a good game, as did all the big guys. Edey was talking to Preston, the refs, himself at times. It’s tough managing that monster who gets many beneficial calls. And the physical approach is definitely the way. More important than stats for the bigs were the mental points from living inside Edey’s head. Frickin Preston. Fun to watch him give up a foot and still get into Edey’s headspace.

Holy Boo. That kid is slick. Undeniable playmaking, leader. I hope he is getting big money cuz the kid deserves it.

Fun team to watch. Turnover advantage makes it fun cuz even on a bad possession, they just might get the ball back before another shot goes up. But can we box out for a whole game? It was like nobody remembered how to stick an ass into another player and use arms back as feelers to stay in front for the first 15 minutes. Not rocket science - ass out and leverage.

What a game.

Boo is my all-time favorite NU hoops player. What he does in the paint continually amazes me.

Too bad Hunger missed all that time last season. He can play. Just needs time on the court.

Premature storming of the court was the funniest thing I have ever seen at an NU game.

I knew the night was going to be special when that guy hit the half court shot at halftime.

The highlight of the evening was Uber telling a Purdue fan to stop whining and shut up.
Uber is my favorite poster. What a great guy.

So, just when our students got a false start with 0.3 seconds left and hastily retreated. (Stormus interruptus) The boiler fans behind us started screaming for a technical. I turned around and told them: You are the whiniest fan base in the Big10, shut up! And they did.

I was at both last years game and tonight's game. (guy I took to last years game could not make it tonight as much as he wanted to) In some ways as special as that game was, this was even more impressive as IMO this is a better Purdue team and we are doing it with a substantially different cast. And they likely had revenge on their mind

Oh, and we got free Chikfillee

Last edited:
So, just when our students got a false start with 0.3 seconds left and hastily retreated. (Stormus interruptus) The boiler fans behind us started screaming for a technical. I turned around and told them: You are the whiniest fan base in the Big10, shut up! And they did.
They must take after their coach, who pulled his team into the locker room before the game was over.

Reactions: IGNORE2
They must take after their coach, who pulled his team into the locker room before the game was over.
I don't think you can blame him. He knew the fans were going to storm the court and our world has lost its way as far as decent behavior is concerned. Out of a 1,000 people some one might do or say something stupid and his guys were pissed for losing and might have reacted. He protected everyone from the occasional crazy who might be there.

I don't think you can blame him. He knew the fans were going to storm the court and our world has lost its way as far as decent behavior is concerned. Out of a 1,000 people some one might do or say something stupid and his guys were pissed for losing and might have reacted. He protected everyone from the occasional crazy who might be there.
I think he can accomplish the same thing by having them on the bench and waiting for the handshake line to materialize. I know it’s 2023 and we’re not supposed to care about this stuff, but it would be nice to have them acknowledge their opponent and the game NU played.

I don't blame Purdue for considering the safety of their players and others. This isn't like Isiah Thomas leading a group of Pistons off the court in 1991 when the Bulls finally beat them. Those "celebrations" can be dangerous. I know one time when I was a student NU beat Wisconsin and we ran on the floor and one of the Wisconsin players pushed me to the ground. Didn't bother me because I was so happy at the time, but considering how much bigger he was than I was, it could've been far worse for both of us (to be clear, it would be worse for him because he might have gotten in trouble and not because I would've been able to do anything about it).

I also saw a home-made video last night and watched a few NU players afterwards. Guys like Hunger were in the middle of it all. Barnhizer, who looked totally spent, had nothing to do with the celebration and just immediately went over to shake Painter's hand. Nicholson too. I would guess every last person on that team - even the ones who never got off the bench - was exhausted.

I think he can accomplish the same thing by having them on the bench and waiting for the handshake line to materialize. I know it’s 2023 and we’re not supposed to care about this stuff, but it would be nice to have them acknowledge their opponent and the game NU played.
There was a handshake line. Saw Big Matt and Collins do it.

No issue with how Painter handled it. There was going to be chaos. He had to protect his guys. It was not like when the Pistons walked off with a minute to go in 1991.

The best act was the coach or staff member who got the students off the the floor.

Has Hunger replaced Big Matt as your man crush?

Good for you. Next time I sit next to you at a game you can do all the trash talking and I’ll be quiet!

Reactions: ubercat
Uber must have guns too!

Finally watching a game beginning to end, I have thoughts too:

Hunger can play. Not refined, definitely not able to be a S4 but he earned some rotation time at the five. Preston is a baller and I think he can man the four sometimes. Not talking heavy, but to get Hunger some time at the five, I can see Preston at the four. He plays smart, within himself and moves pretty well.

Not sure I’m feeling the new do on BB. Liked his mop. Would also like to see him get a bit more aggressive. Kinda like Lang and Berry did tonight. Those two were fantastic but I still see them as mirror images that should be 2a and 2b.

MN had a good game, as did all the big guys. Edey was talking to Preston, the refs, himself at times. It’s tough managing that monster who gets many beneficial calls. And the physical approach is definitely the way. More important than stats for the bigs were the mental points from living inside Edey’s head. Frickin Preston. Fun to watch him give up a foot and still get into Edey’s headspace.

Holy Boo. That kid is slick. Undeniable playmaking, leader. I hope he is getting big money cuz the kid deserves it.

Fun team to watch. Turnover advantage makes it fun cuz even on a bad possession, they just might get the ball back before another shot goes up. But can we box out for a whole game? It was like nobody remembered how to stick an ass into another player and use arms back as feelers to stay in front for the first 15 minutes. Not rocket science - ass out and leverage.

What a game.
I agree on Barney’s haircut. Jimmy Chitwood like, so he better fill it up now like Chitwood.

Big Matt was almost too fired up. He still has to stay away from the silly fouls. They were calling everything and he has to realize it.

Berry played a great game. Experience really showed and happy for him.

Boo is the most clutch player NU has ever had. Amazing player that stepped up and changed the trajectory of the entire program.

CCC had a great plan that the team executed. Can’t think of anything to quibble about from a coaching perspective.

Can we please get our boy PWB’ +/- stats? I don’t put as much stock in them as some others, but they do spur healthy debate. Come back WB!

Now more importantly was there a Gragg sighting???

Can we please get our boy PWB’ +/- stats? I don’t put as much stock in them as some others, but they do spur healthy debate. Come back WB!
Totally agree and the funny thing is, I'm not totally sure I understand them completely but I like tryin got figure it out and the discussion.

Was like a staged surrender.

Moved out of the way of the impending riot just in time.

Could be the best game ever for NU Men's Hoops. WR seemed to be full crazy. You fans that saw it all live are lucky.

Reactions: drewjin
Could be the best game ever for NU Men's Hoops. WR seemed to be full crazy. You fans that saw it all live are lucky.
Collins talks about our fans frequently. He envisioned it happening when he got here, and helped make it happen with his inputs to the new WR design to make it more cozy and loud.

Collins talks about our fans frequently. He envisioned it happening when he got here, and helped make it happen with his inputs to the new WR design to make it more cozy and loud.
Getting more like The Pit in New Mexico

Was that Shut up or STFU?

Exactly what I was thinking. Like a cross between Odd Job and Jaws.

So basically like this

hunger-edey.jpg

It was the right thing to do. Everyone was on the same page and the officials even conferred with one of our basketball admins to make sure Purdue got out quickly. This is a non-story.

At halftime, he got a photo opp with the Hat trophy with Braun and then high tailed it to Cafe Sarkis for some gyros.
Gragg and Collins exchanged a hug as Chris was heading to the locker room after the game. Looked genuine but who knows.

Gragg and Collins exchanged a hug as Chris was heading to the locker room after the game. Looked genuine but who knows.
But did Collins get a bear hug from the offensive line coach? Because THAT means something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT