ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Obervations

I watched highlights and “game in 60” replay
of our OT win over Purdue. I was attending an exciting game last night when last year’s NCAA runner up San Diego State came to visit our tiny arena (4000 fans) at UC San Diego and my other school almost pulled off a major upset, losing by a point when the Aztecs tapped in a missed fg at the buzzer. This is the first year UCSD will qualify for the Big Dance after moving up to DI. Our undergrad population has grown to 40k+ and expected to grow to 50k undergrads in the next decade. The increasing number of alums and students have been pushing for the school to compete at the DI level having joined the Big West Conference and I believe they will become a competitive program in the near future.

Anyway I was so impressed by our win against #1 Purdue again. In watching the replays it was a little frustrating to see the missed free throws- I thought we might have avoided OT if we made some free throws in the last 3 min of regulation. Another clutch win for the program. Congrats to the players and coaches. Let’s keep it up.
Go Cats!

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
I watched highlights and “game in 60” replay
of our OT win over Purdue. I was attending an exciting game last night when last year’s NCAA runner up San Diego State came to visit our tiny arena (4000 fans) at UC San Diego and my other school almost pulled off a major upset, losing by a point when the Aztecs tapped in a missed fg at the buzzer. This is the first year UCSD will qualify for the Big Dance after moving up to DI. Our undergrad population has grown to 40k+ and expected to grow to an undergrad to 50k in the next decade so the increasing number of alums and students have been pushing for the school to compete at the DI level having joined the Big West Conference.

Anyway I was so impressed by our win against #1 Purdue again. In watching the replays it was a little frustrating to see the missed free throws- I thought we might have avoided OT if we made some free throws in the last 3 min of regulation. Another clutch win for the program. Congrats to the players and coaches. Let’s keep it up.
Go Cats!
Yeah, if we’d lost that game, we’d be talking a LOT about missed free throws

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT