ADVERTISEMENT

"Rebuilding year" without BMac?

I'm not saying Lathon doesn't have potential. But potential is very different from having a point guard who has proven himself time and again, including in NU's first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance and win.

As for who will replace Scottie, there's A.J. Turner and Miller Kopp, in addition to Gaines.

I am thrilled with the direction of the program, but I do think people tend to forget just how good the Big Ten conference is in basketball. Even with good coaching and the best recruits in school history, it will be extremely difficult to win the B1G.

Our best recruiting class ever is likely to wind up ranked behind MSU, Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, and Indiana. So, yes, B1G basketball is really good. Let's not get too big for our britches already. I'm very excited too and want so badly for Cats BBall to excel, but we need to keep some perspective. The 2016/17 Cats had a lot of "magic". Let's hope we can maintain that magic this season and beyond.

As I said: Mac is special. He made the Big Ten All-Freshman Team. He holds the Northwestern career and single-season assist records with a full season to go.

You are delusional. Who's going to "reload" for McIntosh? Who's going to step right in and give us his production?

We're not Duke or Michigan State yet. There are going to be a couple of NITs along the way before we reach that level.

We don't have to be Duke or Michigan State. We're just talking about qualifying for the tournament, not winning the national championship. Given the rating of this year's recruiting class and the overall talent on the team, it will be a disappointment not to qualify for the next 2-3 years, Mac or not.

We don't have to be Duke or Michigan State. We're just talking about qualifying for the tournament, not winning the national championship. Given the rating of this year's recruiting class and the overall talent on the team, it will be a disappointment not to qualify for the next 2-3 years, Mac or not.

I think with Gaines, Nance, Kopp and Lathon Collins is thinking beyond 2-3 years and making a run in the tournament.

The tournament is really a crap shoot. The luck can go either way early. Defense gets you through the early rounds and NU is defense-first team.

Reactions: hdhntr1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT