ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Pete Nance

Used to be, we took flopped transfers but better programs. Now, we’re the late-career pipeline for the blue bloods. Progress! (?)

(I can still remember Gary Danielson, on that formerly-great post-Thanksgiving Colorado-Nebraska rivalry game, saying about six-TD Chris Brown, “this guy used to go to Northwestern?” Life was simple then.)
Well, we have 5 guys who got their undergraduate diplomas this past weekend.

Pete Nance wants to play pro ball, NBA said he's not ready. Probably will sign with a top program and take grad school classes. Makes perfect sense.

Ryan Young seems to want a prestigious grad degree. He probably has no interest in professional basketball at any level. Unless Northwestern didn't accept him into Kellogg, which seems ridiculous, there are 3 possible explanations... 1) Duke's Fuqua has a program he values over NU's Kellogg. 2) He just wants a change of scenery 3) he bailed on Collins. Lets be nice and assume it was not #3.

Ryan Greer is a smart guy with eligibility but he keeps a low profile. I guess he is done with basketball and wants to start a career? I think he could still go to grad school somewhere and play right away, but I'm not sure what the rules are.

Robbie Beran graduated in 3 years, ala Barret Benson . So he must be enrolling at NU for grad school? Unlike Benson, Beran is sticking around. Benson bailed or was pushed out by Collins and ended up at SIU where he was their starting center. Beran already gets a lot of minutes and Collins loves him, so he's not going anywhere.

Chase Audige graduated in 4 years, including his time at William and Mary, so he also must be enrolling in an NU graduate program.

Its a good thing that NU has such a valuable reputation academically or Audige and Beran would be gone too and our basketball team would be in utter disarray.

Ryan Young seems to want a prestigious grad degree. He probably has no interest in professional basketball at any level. Unless Northwestern didn't accept him into Kellogg, which seems ridiculous, there are 3 possible explanations... 1) Duke's Fuqua has a program he values over NU's Kellogg. 2) He just wants a change of scenery 3) he bailed on Collins. Lets be nice and assume it was not #3.
Those explanations aren't mutually exclusive.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT