ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for the B1G Championship Game

NU D has played a really great game. NU O has taken the second half off.

Still not quite out of reach.

I expected us to score 13 points in this one. It’s depressing that we can’t even put up that many. A decent offense might have pulled off the upset. Instead our defense is gassed and getting gashed. What a shame.

I might be wrong, but I feel like there may have been a split second there where Adams was making a read on whether we he might be able to take off or not. It was a pause just before he dropped the ball...or maybe it was just me

AGreed. He looked to his right to see if there was a lane. At first I thought he looked to the sidelines to get direction.

Reactions: IAWildcat79
We also need some better defensive tackles because they ran all over us right up the middle

Greed. He looked to his right to see if there was a lane. At first I thought he looked to the sidelines to get direction.
Exactly...it was the slightest flinch of something but OSU was probably thinking something similar so it was dead in the water.

This is crazy. Really poor run D. Maybe it was the game plan to give up the run but not this bad. I’m really surprised how bad we are doing up the middle and it’s basically the difference in the game. Well that and our offense inability to score. We’d still be winning if the O didn’t leave points on the field m.

I believe we have a few guys out at DT, and their o-line is a virtual all-star give. That back ain't bad, either. Great effort by our guys today, but we're not going to win a three-turnover game against OSU, and Anderson needs to turn his improved recruiting efforts at o-line into better results for us there. Just not enough offense to win this game.

Talent. Differential.

Just like in 2018, the difference in the trenches is clear. We haven't closed the gap yet. We have in the secondary, but are not there at OL and DL.

Reactions: drewjin
We got a recruiting problem
Actually, our recruiting has gotten better and better which is why we are even playing today. Truth is there is a huge difference between top 5 teams and 10-20 teams. Until NCAA finds a wa y to level the playing field, it will be that way. If they do level the playing field, the big money may be in jeopardy. Tough call.

Win or lose, I'm not that impressed with Ohio State. They shouldn't be final four.

Come on now. Don't let your bias or jealousy of OSU blind you.

-Missing 22 players including one of the best WR's in the country and leading tackler on D. (and best WR coach).
-A&M has a 4 TD loss and a 4 point win over a no-win Vandy.

Who deserves it over them?

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
The defense has had a great game, but this offense is not quite up to the task yet.

Or maybe we just need more depth. Try having two guys play DT the whole game against OSU. They are gassed.
Our D played well enough and kept us in the game. Our O has been shut out this half, some of it self-inflicted.

There's no reason to overreact to this game. Our defense is playing at the level needed to win a Big Ten championship.

Our offense isn't. We're not all that far off from winning a game like this. It just hurts because we all know these opportunities are rare (hopefully this 2 in past 3 years appearances repeats often enough in the future).

Hank has always been the best coordinator in the country, and our defenses have shown why year in and out.

There's no moral victories anymore, but we can win a game like this if we get our offense up to the level our defense has reached.

That is ball game. Bummer. We need to get back here with a deeper line and strength on O next time. It is doable. Today was doable. More will join us to get back here to win this thing next time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT