ADVERTISEMENT

The Bills should move their game to the Syracuse Dome.

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
While not exactly "around the corner" Syracuse is not that far. It is an hour drive, maybe two. Because of the snowstorm - which seems borderline deadly - I would not expect people to drive to there - don't do it! - but it would be indoors at a 50,,000 seat arena. I am sure they could sell it out and upstate Bills fans who cannot regularly make a game, for themit would be a big treat.

It seems absurd to hold the game at a place with 36 of snow. I am a tad bit under six feet and 36 inches is up to my "privates". The NFL should have some common sense here.

It is my understandibng that the snow is Syracuse is much less and not a danger. A few inches. Maybe I have old info from a day or two ago, if so, sorry.

Last edited:
Syracuse would need to be make adjustments to accommodate a football game. They adjust between football and basketball at the beginning of college basketball season and then adjust between basketball and lacrosse during the beginning of college lacrosse season as far as the Carrier Dome is concerned. It would take at least 8 hours to do the changeover, so they would need to be set up to do it Monday morning which is not going to happen. I did share concerns about the Steelers-Bills game on other social media. Basically, I did not understand the rationale of postponing a game from the beginning of a blizzard to more towards the middle of a blizzard. I just don't wonder why they didn't move it to an NFL town with more clear weather, if they were actually concerned about the blizzard conditions.

Meh, I am sure the folks at Syracuse could figure it out. I think they would love to host an NFL playoff game and would bend over backwards.

That said, you are right, I have heard about the game being moved to Detroit? Probably way way too late to do it now but that scenario was being talked about on Friday.

While not exactly "around the corner" Syracuse is not that far. It is an hour drive, maybe two. Because of the snowstorm - which seems borderline deadly - I would not expect people to drive to there - don't do it! - but it would be indoors at a 50,,000 seat arena. I am sure they could sell it out and upstate Bills fans who cannot regularly make a game, for themit would be a big treat.

It seems absurd to hold the game at a place with 36 of snow. I am a tad bit under six feet and 36 inches is up to my "privates". The NFL should have some common sense here.

It is my understandibng that the snow is Syracuse is much less and not a danger. A few inches. Maybe I have old info from a day or two ago, if so, sorry.
You either have short legs or long “privates”.

Reactions: No Chores

It’s pretty much a point of pride for Buffalo to hold games in this kind of extreme weather.

Syracuse would need to be make adjustments to accommodate a football game. They adjust between football and basketball at the beginning of college basketball season and then adjust between basketball and lacrosse during the beginning of college lacrosse season as far as the Carrier Dome is concerned. It would take at least 8 hours to do the changeover, so they would need to be set up to do it Monday morning which is not going to happen. I did share concerns about the Steelers-Bills game on other social media. Basically, I did not understand the rationale of postponing a game from the beginning of a blizzard to more towards the middle of a blizzard. I just don't wonder why they didn't move it to an NFL town with more clear weather, if they were actually concerned about the blizzard conditions.
Didn’t the Bills play a home game at Ford Field last year? I agree the Syracuse dome makes sense but it must be logistically difficult be due to basketball. Despite having visited their campus a few times I was unaware that they played all their BB games in the Dome; I thought they had a separate arena and just played certain big games in the dome.

Didn’t the Bills play a home game at Ford Field last year? I agree the Syracuse dome makes sense but it must be logistically difficult be due to basketball. Despite having visited their campus a few times I was unaware that they played all their BB games in the Dome; I thought they had a separate arena and just played certain big games in the dome.
You're right, they did move a regular season Buffalo home game to Ford Field in 2022. There was a rumor before this past weekend that the game was being moved Cleveland, but the NFL quickly nixed that rumor.

There is some logistics involved, but Syracuse's facilities people are used to doing the changeovers when they have concurrent football & basketball seasons and when they have concurrent basketball & lacrosse seasons, but it takes people and about a full 8-hour work day so agreements and so forth would have already needed to be worked out to have people out doing the changeover first thing this morning. Instead, back in Buffalo, they had crews and volunteers out trying to clear the stadium this morning (with some more snow still coming).

I think they call bad weather the "great equalizer"

I heard fans attending the game may need to improvise to get seating, but it at least looks good on TV.

The field looks great and Buffalo fans will be going home happy. Next week’s kickoff in Buffalo will be even later on Sunday night.

The Bills are gonna make you wanna shout!

Grew up in Bills country. Go Bills!

No one sits, every playoff game I've attended (Bears), you're standing the whole time.
A man and his dog walk into a bar to watch the football game between the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears. The man takes a seat at the bar and his dogs hops up onto the empty stool right next to him and they both settle in for what is sure to be an exciting game. Sure enough, it's a battle for the ages. Early in the first quarter, Green Bay kicks a field goal to go up 3-0. The dog jumps off his chair, runs in a tight circle around his bar stool, barks happily, and jumps back up. Later in the first quarter, Chicago scores a touchdown to take the lead, 7-3. The Dog growls at the TV and grabs a stack of coasters in his mouth and shakes them angrily, making a bit of a mess. The bartender looks on with a concerned look but figures, they're only coasters, they're inexpensive, and the people nearby are enjoying watching to see what the dog will do, so he lets it slide. Green Bay scores a touchdown to end the first quarter and sure enough, the dog jumps out of his seat, runs in a tight circle three times, barks excitedly and jumps back up onto its seat. Back and forth the two teams go, trading the lead... every time Chicago scores, a menacing growl and minor destruction of some bar supplies. Every time The Packers score, a display of excited approval, each more elaborate than the last. By this time the entire bar has taken notice of the dog and everyone is eagerly anticipating the end of the game. Then, at the end of the 4th quarter, with only 4 seconds left on the clock and trailing by 2, Green Bay kicks a 53 yard field goal to beat the Bears, 36-35. In a final display of celebration, the dog jumps up on the bar, runs the length giving everyone else at the bar a lick and a high paw, jumps off the end of the bar, does a backflip and runs out of the bar, barking the whole way as everyone cheers wildly! Finally, the bartender comes over to the man. "Hey buddy, I gotta say, that's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. But I gotta ask, what happens when the Bears beat the Packers? What does your dog do then?" The guy just shrugs... "I don't know man, the dog's only 5 years old."

• Haha
Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
A man and his dog walk into a bar to watch the football game between the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears. The man takes a seat at the bar and his dogs hops up onto the empty stool right next to him and they both settle in for what is sure to be an exciting game. Sure enough, it's a battle for the ages. Early in the first quarter, Green Bay kicks a field goal to go up 3-0. The dog jumps off his chair, runs in a tight circle around his bar stool, barks happily, and jumps back up. Later in the first quarter, Chicago scores a touchdown to take the lead, 7-3. The Dog growls at the TV and grabs a stack of coasters in his mouth and shakes them angrily, making a bit of a mess. The bartender looks on with a concerned look but figures, they're only coasters, they're inexpensive, and the people nearby are enjoying watching to see what the dog will do, so he lets it slide. Green Bay scores a touchdown to end the first quarter and sure enough, the dog jumps out of his seat, runs in a tight circle three times, barks excitedly and jumps back up onto its seat. Back and forth the two teams go, trading the lead... every time Chicago scores, a menacing growl and minor destruction of some bar supplies. Every time The Packers score, a display of excited approval, each more elaborate than the last. By this time the entire bar has taken notice of the dog and everyone is eagerly anticipating the end of the game. Then, at the end of the 4th quarter, with only 4 seconds left on the clock and trailing by 2, Green Bay kicks a 53 yard field goal to beat the Bears, 36-35. In a final display of celebration, the dog jumps up on the bar, runs the length giving everyone else at the bar a lick and a high paw, jumps off the end of the bar, does a backflip and runs out of the bar, barking the whole way as everyone cheers wildly! Finally, the bartender comes over to the man. "Hey buddy, I gotta say, that's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. But I gotta ask, what happens when the Bears beat the Packers? What does your dog do then?" The guy just shrugs... "I don't know man, the dog's only 5 years old."
There ain't a dog alive that's seen the Cowboys play in the NFC Championship game.

There ain't a dog alive that's seen the Cowboys play in the NFC Championship game.

I am a function of my youth. The Cowboys practically never lost, so even until today I think they are favorites in every game. How the mighty have fallen.

Took a long time to get there, but good punch line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT