ADVERTISEMENT

THT speculation

We shouldn't pack up our tent and walk back to Evanston because MSU offered. It's time we won a major battle for a player.

Point taken, but Michigan brought in another forward the same day and OSU just changed coaches. I want us to beat Izzo and the in-state rival for a player everyone is focused on.
Agree with you - getting a kid from Simeon seems to carry a little more weight to, although getting a kid who's dad and brother played in the NBA is no slouch

Reactions: JournCat
MSU is supposedly his dream school.

Word is he wants to go to school in a one stop light town with a movie theater still showing Back to the Future, and on Saturday nights screw cows while listening to awful country music.

Sounds like an Illinois lean.
Hilarious. Rantoul joke next?
I'll follow that with the joke about NU making the tournament, and we can put your rebuttals about CCC changing the landscape of the B10. Then, I'll point out our h2h record, and you can talk about how that doesn't matter now. Blah blah.

Or we can talk about how neither of us are getting THT.

I'll follow that with the joke about NU making the tournament, and we can put your rebuttals about CCC changing the landscape of the B10. Then, I'll point out our h2h record, and you can talk about how that doesn't matter now. Blah blah.

So, back to your original point, do you have a source on MSU being the dream school for THT?

He is a chicago city kid. Many city kids either feel intimidated by northwestern or want a broader species selection, dont you think? If it was solely a fascination with basketball then he wouldnt bother visiting illinois, right?

So sorry. Civil discussion is the normal response to another school trolling NU.We all come here to talk to Illinois fans, after all. They add so much.

Well that was a pretty terrible post.
I agree. Sorry but I dont have much hope in getting studs from chicago inner city. The social choice for a young man is undeniable. For many, its about where the girls are. Recruiting experts are aware of this and often have a pretty girl walking the studs around. I dont approve of it but for all those nu fans who think somehow he will come here, their hope is gonna pop.

I agree. Sorry but I dont have much hope in getting studs from chicago inner city. The social choice for a young man is undeniable. For many, its about where the girls are. Recruiting experts are aware of this and often have a pretty girl walking the studs around. I dont approve of it but for all those nu fans who think somehow he will come here, their hope is gonna pop.

1889563.jpg

"Broader species selection"? Come on, man.

1889563.jpg

"Broader species selection"? Come on, man.
NU isnt in the cards. City of Chicago hasnt happened for NU with a highly recruited stud since Jitim Young. And Jitim wasnt really an athletic stud but more of a hard worker who would never have been drafted in the NBA. . But Gordon Tech is different from Simeon anyways.

Kid is going elsewhere unless he becomes the lone exception that breaks a mold. Its ok to imagine though, on this thread.

279af1e2564b709adc8adb7bf4c2df3605906c143c472dd1df3b0027af5dacb0.jpg

NU isnt in the cards. City of Chicago hasnt happened for NU with a highly recruited stud since Jitim Young. And Jitim wasnt really an athletic stud but more of a hard worker who would never have been drafted in the NBA. . But Gordon Tech is different from Simeon anyways.

Kid is going elsewhere unless he becomes the lone exception that breaks a mold. Its ok to imagine though, on this thread.

aed.jpg

And I'm the one who occasionally gets scolded for my abrasive posting style?

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan

Nonsense. First, you forgot about Michael Thompson. Second, Gordon Tech is no longer Gordon Tech.

But to your argument, yes, the percentage of D1 recruits who are true fits for NU is smaller in the CPS than, say, the Chicago Catholic League. However, key criteria for true fits are still found in the CPS. NU make have to work a little harder to identify and bring them in, but they are there. It's just a matter of time before NU has success.

Nonsense. First, you forgot about Michael Thompson. Second, Gordon Tech is no longer Gordon Tech.

But to your argument, yes, the percentage of D1 recruits who are true fits for NU is smaller in the CPS than, say, the Chicago Catholic League. However, key criteria for true fits are still found in the CPS. NU make have to work a little harder to identify and bring them in, but they are there. It's just a matter of time before NU has success.
Wasn't sterling williams CPS as well?

Good luck to all of you who need to go back several years to find an NU player who attended school in the city.

Reactions: lunker35
Good luck to all of you who need to go back several years to find an NU player who attended school in the city.
Jim Pitts, -- Davis, Wells, North, Willie Jones. Admittedly those were from a ways back and they were just off the top of my head, as there might be more.

Go away. Add some more "Juice" to your drink.

Coupled with the rumor that it is very unlikely he ends up with Ayo, and THT on tweet response, where he says nothing against Ayo and the Fire - just weighing his options, I think that pretty much means Illinois is out.

Sounds like whomever THT is considering now, it does not include anyone Ayo has a offer from or is considering.

There have been rumblings of a beef btwn THT and Ayo.

Like beating Michigan and OSU for Nance?

Heck, can go back to Rowley (Georgetown, Wisky, Pitt) and Luka (Louisville, Marquette).

Henricksen on THT -

Talen Horton-Tucker, 6-4, Simeon

The talent: The Hoops Report has raved for a couple of years to anyone who would listen about the fact Horton-Tucker can pass, dribble and shoot. That is far from the norm in prospects today. As a result, this is a productive player with basketball instincts and skill who, by all accounts, played extremely well on the Adidas circuit with Team Rose last weekend. He’s been a fixture near the top of the Hoops Report’s Class of 2018 rankings for two-plus years for a reason.

The skinny: There are 15-plus offers out there for THT, including schools who appear to be right near the top in Illinois, Iowa State, Ohio State, Purdue and Xavier. But might Michigan State’s offer on Monday be a game-changer? Florida State also offered on Monday while Kansas has increased its interest following Horton-Tucker’s solid performance during the opening live period.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports...early-july-returns-chicago-areas-top-seniors/

Then there is Simeon’s Talen Horton-Tucker, who is just on the outside of Rivals’ top 100 at No. 102. The City/Suburban Hoops Report’s No. 2 prospect in Illinois in the Class of 2019, Horton-Tucker has the potential to establish himself as a top 100 talent. But he will be doing that with a new club team in July as he tries to quickly establish a comfort level with Team Rose after leaving the Mac Irvin Fire.

The critics, including high-major college coaches the Hoops Report talks to who decided not to recruit Horton-Tucker, were stuck on these concerns: They questioned his athleticism and how well he moved, along with just what position he plays at the next level?

While there can be questions raised to both when projecting him to the highest level, it’s a little bit too much over-evaluation when you consider all he brings to the table. He’s versatile and is a big-bodied 6-4 baller –– regardless of position –– who can dribble, pass and shoot. Those types of players are difficult to find at any level.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2017/07/11/henricksen-storylines-follow-july/

Most have THT listed at 6-5, but wouldn't be surprised if he was actually closer to 6-4 due to the typical height/weight inflation.

Seen his weight listed at 210 and 220 lbs - showing he already has some beef to him, which would make one think that he can play the 4 despite being a bit shorter than ideal (would be great if THT hit the 6-5 mark), kinda like a Draymond Green type.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

"People don't think it be like it is, but it do." -- Mr. Wickerpark

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
He is a chicago city kid. Many city kids either feel intimidated by northwestern or want a broader species selection, dont you think? If it was solely a fascination with basketball then he wouldnt bother visiting illinois, right?

Illinois has a good history, great fan support a new coach and very nice facilities. It shouldn't shock anyone that a recruit would be interested in a school like that, even if you hate that school.

Illinois has a good history, great fan support a new coach and very nice facilities. It shouldn't shock anyone that a recruit would be interested in a school like that, even if you hate that school.

The education piece is found in the "school like that" part

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT