ADVERTISEMENT

Western Michigan @ Northwestern Open Game Thread

I thought it was 4th down, it was fricking 3rd down and we took a timeout there?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Wow. Terrible tackling. Terrible head coaching decisions. Terrible pass blocking. Way too many 3rd down conversions allowed. Let's hope we right the ship at halftime... And get rid of this horrible 3 man rush, for the love of God.

Pat is such a good guy and wants to help PJ so much that he is helping him win. Stupid decisions all over! Another timeout???

well we escaped with only a FG, but that was one of the dumbest timeouts I've ever seen. Even if we stop them, what are we gonna do from inside our 10?

well we escaped with only a FG, but that was one of the dumbest timeouts I've ever seen. Even if we stop them, what are we gonna do from inside our 10?
Maybe he saw something with their formation and wanted to make sure his D was ready. Not a terrible decision, especially since they didn't convert on 3rd and settled for a FG.

They get the ball back to start the 2nd half too. They are beating us on the field so far.

It's odd because he has chased down Terrell on the sideline and he just ran down Davis. Maybe slow to read plays? He has been inconsistent to say the least.
He's not a complete turtle out there, that's not what I'm saying, but he does appear to have lost a step.

Reactions: MacrayCat
Pat is a good recruiter and a great motivator but he's a terrible x/o's coach

He's actually pretty decent at managing the clock.

Anybody named NWFAN is probably not an NU fan. And now you're stuck with a really bad handle if you are

I think a screen play to Justin could go for big yards, hopefully we can make some adjustments, it was a pathetic first half after the first drive.

I think a screen play to Justin could go for big yards, hopefully we can make some adjustments, it was a pathetic first half after the first drive.
Clayton looks better this year, but otherwise it's pretty similar to what we saw last season. Nothing spectacular from the OL, WRs who aren't burners, and ho-hum playcalling from McCall. Maybe we squeak this one out, but many of the same concerns remain with our offense.

Maybe he saw something with their formation and wanted to make sure his D was ready. Not a terrible decision, especially since they didn't convert on 3rd and settled for a FG.

I think you're right. It wasn't a clock management decision. Geez, tough crowd.

But our offense play calling has to improve. Very predictable.

Reactions: beetlemania74
I think you're right. It wasn't a clock management decision. Geez, tough crowd.

But our offense play calling has to improve. Very predictable.
I don't have a problem with the playcalling. Its the poor execution. Clayton needs to read the D better and our OL just has to do a better job of winning their battles. There are no holes for JJTBC. He is creating a few yards out of nothing on every run.

He's not a complete turtle out there, that's not what I'm saying, but he does appear to have lost a step.
He's taking false steps. I've seen a few runs where he is late to the play because he's misstepping and getting caught up in the flow.

I agree that our OL is not winning a lot of battles. Their blitzes are also putting a lot of pressure on CT.

When can we have a good O-line this year then O-line coach needs to go

Pretty much same type of team as last year. Defense will be pretty good not quite as good as last year. Offense is just bad. Feel sorry for Jackson kid could be a pimp but oline and qb just aren't good.

He's taking false steps. I've seen a few runs where he is late to the play because he's misstepping and getting caught up in the flow.
On the positive side, Walsh and J. Jones have made some nice plays on defense. Good to see from two guys who didn't contribute much last season.

Reactions: DopeTonic
The defense line looks lifeless and is getting worse and worse as the game goes on. No pass rush at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT