ADVERTISEMENT

Wrassler’s starting five, post DePaul!

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Ash has hit a couple critical threes lately. I got him starting over Falzon going forward with Jordan getting 25 minutes a game. Starting five our Mac,Law,Scottie,Pardon and Ash, all getting 25 minutes a game, except Mac and Law who get 30 per game. I want more Brown, 10-15 . Gaines for 15. Falzon and Skelly for ten minutes. Benson for 10-15 minutes!

Reactions: mickbula
Ash has hit a couple critical threes lately. I got him starting over Falzon going forward with Jordan getting 25 minutes a game. Starting five our Mac,Law,Scottie,Pardon and Ash, all getting 25 minutes a game, except Mac and Law who get 30 per game. I want more Brown, 10-15 . Gaines for 15. Falzon and Skelly for ten minutes. Benson for 10-15 minutes!
This is all very logical. But I think Falzon at 6'8" might match up better against the bigger teams Wrassler. He also has a history of making a lot more threes than Ash! I think Falzon will come around and start hitting them better! Ash should still get more pt though- that is true for sure!

This is all very logical. But I think Falzon at 6'8" might match up better against the bigger teams Wrassler. He also has a history of making a lot more threes than Ash! I think Falzon will come around and start hitting them better! Ash should still get more pt though- that is true for sure!
Possibly! At six eight, he needs to get back on defense though!

Falzon runs up his threes against bad teams. He hasn't shown yet in a few seasons that he can change a close game. Going to Ash for a defense focused lineup is not a bad idea.

Falzon runs up his threes against bad teams. He hasn't shown yet in a few seasons that he can change a close game. Going to Ash for a defense focused lineup is not a bad idea.
Heck ya! Look at the increased level of play since the Georgia Tech game where Ash stole the show down the stretch!

He hasn't shown yet in a few seasons that he can change a close game. Going to Ash for a defense focused lineup is not a bad idea.
A "few seasons"? He played and started every game in his true Freshman season. He sat out a full year with a knee injury, then missed the first 3 games of his second playing season due to another injury. While your statement about his ability to change a close game is correct, I'd cut him some slack given that he's played less than one and a quarter season in his career......

A "few seasons"? He played and started every game in his true Freshman season. He sat out a full year with a knee injury, then missed the first 3 games of his second playing season due to another injury. While your statement about his ability to change a close game is correct, I'd cut him some slack given that he's played less than one and a quarter season in his career......
he really doesn't have a shot inside the 3 pt arch and appears to have been severely overrated. But we have to roll with him and I hope he finds his way. If he doesn't then I see him losing minutes to the true freshmen coming in next year. I mean we have no alternatives since Rap appears to be overrated and/or injury prone, and Skelly has already reached his potential, which isn't good enough to start over Falzon. And Gaines doesn't have much of a 3 pt shot nor is he quick enough or strong enough to drive effectively to the basket. Sorta in no man's land.
For those reasons, Falzon has to play.

Reactions: mickbula
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT