ADVERTISEMENT

YEA!! More B10 league games in '18-'19

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
And hopefully less garbage on the schedule. All of this according to Rothstein.

After the schedule this year, I'd almost like them to play a round robin again. I like some of the league games in December. It takes a bit of the exhibition-schedule-feel out of the early season.

I like the 20 game schedule. I would like an ACC and an A-10 or Big East Challenge, a couple of non-cons and December league games.

This is wonderful.

I wonder if there's value to matching football's division structure, more for scheduling than for BTT seeding purposes.

I'd love a fixed 12-game home-and-home, plus one other annual rivalry game.

Definitely in favor of this change. Just 6 more conference games to go and we can play everyone home and home every year.

Reactions: NUCat320
Definitely in favor of this change. Just 6 more conference games to go and we can play everyone home and home every year.
And will then basically have to have a winning BIG record to get to 20.

Not sure if you all saw this subtle distinction about in-state rivalries and "regional" scheduling. Not sure how they define regional.

LINK
Under the new men’s format, teams will play seven opponents twice and six teams once (three home, three away) in a given season. The three in-state rivalries – Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue and Michigan/Michigan State – will be played twice annually, while the new schedule will also include a regional component to increase the frequency of games among teams in similar areas. Over the course of a six-year cycle (12 playing opportunities), in-state rivals will play each other 12 times, regional opponents will play 10 times, and all other teams will play nine times.

Seems to me that Wisky would fall into the regional category, maybe Indiana and Purdue.

Also, not done with east cost B1G tourney (no surprise there)
“We will be returning to the Midwest as noted, but we’ll probably try to aspire to maybe an 80/20 split between Midwestern venues and Eastern venues,” Delany said. “So the great majority will be out in the Midwest, but we’ll be back here from time to time to reflect where our schools are located as well as where our alumni live.”
LINK

Not sure if you all saw this subtle distinction about in-state rivalries and "regional" scheduling. Not sure how they define regional.

LINK
Under the new men’s format, teams will play seven opponents twice and six teams once (three home, three away) in a given season. The three in-state rivalries – Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue and Michigan/Michigan State – will be played twice annually, while the new schedule will also include a regional component to increase the frequency of games among teams in similar areas. Over the course of a six-year cycle (12 playing opportunities), in-state rivals will play each other 12 times, regional opponents will play 10 times, and all other teams will play nine times.

Seems to me that Wisky would fall into the regional category, maybe Indiana and Purdue.

Also, not done with east cost B1G tourney (no surprise there)
“We will be returning to the Midwest as noted, but we’ll probably try to aspire to maybe an 80/20 split between Midwestern venues and Eastern venues,” Delany said. “So the great majority will be out in the Midwest, but we’ll be back here from time to time to reflect where our schools are located as well as where our alumni live.”
LINK

I would think Iowa, Minny and Nebraska would fall into our region as well. Out East would certainly be Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State and one or more of the Michigans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT