ADVERTISEMENT

YEP, YET ANOTHER COMMIT: A SLEEPER IS NO. 10

Recruiting QBs likely to move and recruiting RBs because they're ass-kickers are very different things.

I would suggest that Yates is a QB possible-to-move. I love having Lees in as a former-QB-playing-elsewhere.

I would love 2-3 QBs in every class. Get 'em in, and figure where they fit.

Besides being the best athletes on their team, QBs are also natural leaders. They up their teammates' effort level and make their teammates better players.

I think NU is consciously trying to get more QBs-to-move.

Did you take time to read the posts he responding to?

(Board police on patrol tonight!!)

Yup, read the original post. I guess I could have responded to that instead.

Point is, QBs-to-move is a positive recruiting development. Give me Phillips and Smith and Peterman and Brewer again, and I'm happy. Happy if Yates becomes Kafka and doesn't end up moving. (As I recall, Kafka hadn't yet been a starting qb when he was offered.)

Jeremy Ebert and Eric Peterman are two more.

In addition, Brad Phillips and Brendan Smith were two former high school QBs who did pretty damn well at safety, too.

D'Wayne Bated was also a high school QB, and he was recruited to be a QB at NU. He spent his true freshman year at NU practicing at QB. He reapeatedly torched our starting DBs (in 1994) playing WR on the scout team from time to time as we had enough scout team QBs, but not enough scout team WRs. It did not take the brain trust long to move D'Wayne to WR the following Spring. Of course, NU coaches were still counting on Lloyd Abramson being around when they moved D'Wayne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT