ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve seen enough

Watched this game in the hopes that NU could pull out a win, however ugly.

I’m just not seeing it. Not even sure why I bothered watching.

One holding penalty derails our entire offense. Meanwhile Iowa’s maligned offense gets penalized and slices through the JON D like a hot knife through butter.

Clean house. Fire JON. Fire Springer. And put others on notice. (Yes, I know I’m just shouting into the void.)

#75, why?

Nothing is going right for NU now. I think it speaks to the depth of the problems when you look at #75. Totally overmatched. NU took him as a transfer. Apparently has no one better. How can a program succeed when you can’t develop an offensive line that can be competent. I see nothing from skill positions either but the OL and DL just look completely overmatched.

Fastbreak Premium Experience!!

Season ticket holder pre-sale, anyone else notice this?

It looks like they're offering season or per game access to the hospitality room on the second floor for all you can eat and open bar before/during/after the game.

I'd looked in there several times over the course of the last season, wondering what was going on.

If it's a per ticket price, it looks sooper steep, but it becomes a bit more (sports arena expensive) reasonable if it covers both my seats. Somehow I doubt that's the setup.

Big Ten TV Schedule: Week Nine (10/29)

All times CENTRAL, and all games played on Saturday, October 29. Rankings come from the AP poll. All games nationally televised unless otherwise indicated.

First, the NU game:

Northwestern @ Iowa
2:30 PM, ESPN2
PxP: Anish Shroff
Color: Brock Osweiler

And the rest:

#2 Ohio State @ #13 Penn State
11:00 AM, FOX
PxP: Gus Johnson
Color: Joel Klatt

Rutgers @ Minnesota
1:30 PM, BTN
PxP: Cory Provus
Color: Matt Millen

#17 Illinois @ Nebraska
2:30 PM, ABC
PxP: Dave Pasch
Color: Dusty Dvoracek

Michigan State @ #4 Michigan
6:30 PM, ABC
PxP: Sean McDonough
Color: Todd Blackledge

Indiana, Maryland, Purdue, and Wisconsin are off this week.

What is responsible for the lack of viable downfield passing?

I haven't watched a lot of NU football (which is good, because it hasn't been very watchable....).

We don't seem to be able to attack with intermediate or deep passes.

Is it:

1. QB's who can't deliver the ball deep?
2. WR's who can't gain enough separation and get open?
3. OL can't give the QB enough time to throw deep?

Our offense is pretty easy to defend- stuff the box because you know it's going to be a run or very short pass.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT