ADVERTISEMENT

“Warning” for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its very hard to take you seriously when you clearly do not understand the incident or the trial.

I eagerly await another one of your voluminous multi-paragraph posts proclaiming your unimpeachable intellect and analysis of a situation that you know nothing about.
All you have to do is provide a counter-argument and some evidence.

My point was (and remains) that Terrence Shannon (and any other athlete) should not be playing basketball for their university while awaiting trial on a felony charge.

Here are two of the articles I read before posting.

Reactions: IGNORE2
All you have to do is provide a counter-argument and some evidence.

My point was (and remains) that Terrence Shannon (and any other athlete) should not be playing basketball for their university while awaiting trial on a felony charge.

Here are two of the articles I read before posting.

Given that he was acquitted, how is justice served by benching him for the rest of the season, thereby hurting his position in the draft and therefore his earning potential?

Do we have a presumption of innocence or not?

If the university had benched him, and then he was acquitted, would he have grounds to sue the university because their decision had harmed his draft position?

And yet there's the saying about indicting a ham sandwich, so many do not, in fact, believe that. There's a much lower bar to clear for an indictment vs. a conviction.

What checks are there against an ambitious, rogue prosecutor?
Let’s dump this thread too…

You are so right. Example A was a recent NY case. Talk about over zealous prosecutor. Fortunately here, judge had some sense of what the judicial system in this country was meant to do.

You should feel dumb, classless and cruel now, along with the fans in attendance chanting that night. With zero respect for the principle of innocent until proven guilty, your fans hurled the most hurtful kind of insults toward an innocent college kid based on an accusation that never had ANY evidence. Glad that for TSJ’s sake the fact that he had to wait several months to clear his name didn’t also cost him the rest of his college basketball career.
Remember that it was your school that suspended him without due process, so I hope you are complaining to your administration, but my guess is you just want to come bother us with your righteous indignation. We are not the ones who made the accusation. We are not the ones who suspended him and tried to prevent him from playing. We are not the ones who put him on trial. We are not the ones who said the school had no choice but to play him. We only took the opportunity to rattle him when he came to play us, and it basically worked. Ask your school, the prosecutor, and the accuser for apologies. Go back to your board and complain about what your school did. You won’t get any sympathy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT