ADVERTISEMENT

#1 JERSEY ANNOUNCED

Very cool. Congrats to Jesse. He's been stung by the injury bug but continues to work hard both on the field and in the classroom. Mechanical Engineering major. That's not easy.

Reactions: runawayCat
Played a decent amount in 2017 as a backup RB, think had his two TDs against BGSU and Illinois. Was injured for much of 2018/2019. Is studying mechanical engineering and design in McCormick and, as a fun fact, is the bassist for a rock band made up of other football players. (Jake Saunders as lead vocals, Gunnar Vogel on guitar, Riley Lees on drums). Seems like a cool guy!

Played a decent amount in 2017 as a backup RB, think had his two TDs against BGSU and Illinois. Was injured for much of 2018/2019. Is studying mechanical engineering and design in McCormick and, as a fun fact, is the bassist for a rock band made up of other football players. (Jake Saunders as lead vocals, Gunnar Vogel on guitar, Riley Lees on drums). Seems like a cool guy!

We need an article Ella!

I have to confess that I don't know much about #36 and now #1 Jesse Brown. What's the back story?
Typical unsung 3 star recruit. I think the fact that he was offered by a few service academies (IIRC, Army and Navy) speaks to his character. Flashed a bit early but injuries derailed his progress. Loved by his teammates and a great student (engineering) by all reports.

Really look forward to seeing him play.

He had some really impressive HS tapes - seemed like a dozen or more shots of his breaking away and scoring TDs. I'd hoped to see some of that at NU, but he's been injured a lot. Quite a statement earning this honor.

Just curious if other schools make the awarding of number#1 a celebration? I'm watching TN/GA and the #1 on Georgia is a real POS.

Great choice !

However was anyone else bothered by the fact that apparently none of the players were wearing masks at the time of Fitz's announcement. Hope everyone stays COVID free

Reactions: phatcat
Just curious if other schools make the awarding of number#1 a celebration? I'm watching TN/GA and the #1 on Georgia is a real POS.
Why is Georgia giving the #1 jersey to a piece of youknowwhat? Or does POS mean something different these days?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT