ADVERTISEMENT

12 Sets?

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
Seeing this description a lot lately which I believe describes formations with two tight ends. Heard this in BTN's training camp review of Washington. Any thoughts on why this offensive play set is gaining favor? Seems to me when I hear Lujan's offense is run friendly and given Wright isn't known for passing accuracy plus NU has a ton of tight ends including at least two who are experienced - that NU is a big time candidate for 12 set offense. Thoughts?

Seeing this description a lot lately which I believe describes formations with two tight ends. Heard this in BTN's training camp review of Washington. Any thoughts on why this offensive play set is gaining favor? Seems to me when I hear Lujan's offense is run friendly and given Wright isn't known for passing accuracy plus NU has a ton of tight ends including at least two who are experienced - that NU is a big time candidate for 12 set offense. Thoughts?
It puts a big running back with good hands in space? NU has on occasion had success with TE's. And currently they have Gordon and Lang at minimum.

Reactions: Rebel II
Not new to NU, Bajakian ran this set too. I think we have the personnel to run it effectively under Lujan.

We also have 3 pretty decent receivers so I expect to see plenty of 11 and 12 mixed in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT