ADVERTISEMENT

13th in the Big Ten this year

Now we're dragging Law and/or Pardon? Nice.

Two sides to every story. No one is dragging anyone. There was a chemistry issue last year and it appears to have played a big part in the season. I heard one side and Kelly_32 heard the other. I can tell you from watching most of the games at Allstate last year, Scottie Lindsey looked like he did not want to be on the court many nights and it was maddening as a fan. You could gauge his interest level by how he warmed up. If he was bouncy, he was interested. If he was flat with his shoulders dropped, ugh. I don't know why Lindsey had issues but it was clear that he did. For all we know, there was a legit reason behind. But to deny it was an issue for the team last year is wrong. I never heard Pardon's name come up on either side of the issue. Pardon played hard every minute last year.

Now we're dragging Law and/or Pardon? Nice.
I don't know how either one could be. Law had some medical issues last year but continued to play hard. Pardon always seemed to be giving it whatever he had.

Two sides to every story. No one is dragging anyone. There was a chemistry issue last year and it appears to have played a big part in the season. I heard one side and Kelly_32 heard the other. I can tell you from watching most of the games at Allstate last year, Scottie Lindsey looked like he did not want to be on the court many nights and it was maddening as a fan. You could gauge his interest level by how he warmed up. If he was bouncy, he was interested. If he was flat with his shoulders dropped, ugh. I don't know why Lindsey had issues but it was clear that he did. For all we know, there was a legit reason behind. But to deny it was an issue for the team last year is wrong. I never heard Pardon's name come up on either side of the issue. Pardon played hard every minute last year.
You could also tell how he would play the game if he hit one of his first couple shots or did not. If he did, he would generally play pretty well the rest of the game. If he did not, it was going to be a long night

Reactions: Max_Power
There’s really no point. There were obvious chemistry issues last year and it’s over with. What’s done is done.

Good thing you took it upon yourself to point out that the “biggest issue” is still in the program with insufficient backbone to actually name names.

Good thing you took it upon yourself to point out that the “biggest issue” is still in the program with insufficient backbone to actually name names.

Yeah, you’re right. I probably shouldn’t have said anything but Max_Power implied that McIntosh was an issue and that’s simply not true.

I’ll shut up now.

Yeah, you’re right. I probably shouldn’t have said anything but Max_Power implied that McIntosh was an issue and that’s simply not true.

I’ll shut up now.

Way to go. Slink back into anonymity after throwing a college kid through the mud.

Hopefully the chemistry works for newcomers like Taylor, Turner, and the frosh. I trust the leadership and efforts of Law and Pardon.

Reactions: NUCat320
Hopefully the chemistry works for newcomers like Taylor, Turner, and the frosh. I trust the leadership and efforts of Law and Pardon.
Creating the culture....

Di6KpvGXoAMb6v7.jpg:large

There’s really no point. There were obvious chemistry issues last year and it’s over with. What’s done is done.

This is a far cry from an assertion that the "biggest problem" is still with the team.

Unless you meant Collins, I fail to see who else it could possibly be.

Kelly - this is implied but only bc I never heard BMac’s side. I was told about the issues with the team from the other point of view. I think I tried to explain this and I’m sorry. If you want to know where I lay the real blame .... Collins has the have the presence to make the players ignore grievances and play together. He admitted his failure in this regard to some degree.

If you want to know where I lay the real blame .... Collins has the have the presence to make the players ignore grievances and play together. He admitted his failure in this regard to some degree.
Bingo!

On a senior-led roster with limited nba prospects, there was no excuse for last year’s team to not all be marching in the same direction.

Bingo!

On a senior-led roster with limited nba prospects, there was no excuse for last year’s team to not all be marching in the same direction.

It was a psychological hangover from the first-ever NCAA appearance.

I think it's safe to say we are back down to earth.

Collins has the have the presence to make the players ignore grievances and play together. He admitted his failure in this regard to some degree.

I’m sure he tried. Definitely easier said than done. Especially since we don’t know the actual level of anamosity between the players.

I’m sure he tried. Definitely easier said than done. Especially since we don’t know the actual level of anamosity between the players.

Don't disagree but he did also admit he mishandled the team. What I am getting at in a backhanded way is that successful programs overcome divisions. For whatever reason, last year's Cats team did not. I am glad that the early reports from Haywood are positive that this is not an issue with the current team.

Don't disagree but he did also admit he mishandled the team. What I am getting at in a backhanded way is that successful programs overcome divisions. For whatever reason, last year's Cats team did not. I am glad that the early reports from Haywood are positive that this is not an issue with the current team.

Agree wholeheartedly. Having coached myself, bringing the team together is pretty essential for success. For whatever reason, it didn’t happen last season and as a result it prevented them from being a good team. Hoping things will be different this season.

Bingo!

Hopefully this year they will be MARCHing in the same direction!

I’ll shut up now.

Defending MacIntosh is not the same as saying that the biggest issue is still on the team.

Kelly - this is implied but only bc I never heard BMac’s side. I was told about the issues with the team from the other point of view. I think I tried to explain this and I’m sorry. If you want to know where I lay the real blame .... Collins has the have the presence to make the players ignore grievances and play together. He admitted his failure in this regard to some degree.

I think Collins definitely deserves much of the blame to let it happen. Picking 4 captains was part of the problem. No one was listening to each other or getting the team together. I would be shocked it we left it at two this year. Pardon and Law. And only if they weren't the biggest issues last year.

And perhaps there wasn't as much an issue with any one or two players, but that there wasn't any chemistry and there was bickering and a lack of leadership. It takes at least two to tango and if you don't have clear leadership structure, that doesn't help. From the posts here (especially Max referring to two sides), it would seem that Pardon/Law did not see eye to eye somehow with Mac (and likelyLindsey - who in his own way seems to have been part of the problem in his effort and attitude - maybe Mac defended him, was his best friend, who knows what the dynamics were).

But, maybe Kelly was referring to the coaching staff being responsible for most of the blame, in which case I could also buy that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2388bb
I think Collins definitely deserves much of the blame to let it happen. Picking 4 captains was part of the problem. No one was listening to each other or getting the team together. I would be shocked it we left it at two this year. Pardon and Law. And only if they weren't the biggest issues last year.

And perhaps there wasn't as much an issue with any one or two players, but that there wasn't any chemistry and there was bickering and a lack of leadership. It takes at least two to tango and if you don't have clear leadership structure, that doesn't help. From the posts here (especially Max referring to two sides), it would seem that Pardon/Law did not see eye to eye somehow with Mac (and likelyLindsey - who in his own way seems to have been part of the problem in his effort and attitude - maybe Mac defended him, was his best friend, who knows what the dynamics were).

But, maybe Kelly was referring to the coaching staff being responsible for most of the blame, in which case I could also buy that.

Skelly not Pardon.

Look, I apologize. I shouldn't have said anything. The one post struck a nerve. So much shit went on last season and none of it needs to be discussed on a message board.

Skelly not Pardon.

Sorry - I forgot was Skelly one of the captains and not Pardon? I guess that makes sense.

So was it Skelly/Law vs. Lindsey/Mac? Was that the diametric we're talking about here?

If so, I know who I would side with based on performances and observed effort last year.

Or was there even a diametric, or was it just a lack of general cohesion amongst all of the 4 captains?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT