ADVERTISEMENT

13th in the Big Ten this year

Sorry - I forgot was Skelly one of the captains and not Pardon? I guess that makes sense.

So was it Skelly/Law vs. Lindsey/Mac? Was that the diametric we're talking about here?

If so, I know who I would side with based on performances and observed effort last year.

Or was there even a diametric, or was it just a lack of general cohesion amongst all of the 4 captains?[/QUOTE

I think the only thing that can fairly be said now is that that this is Law’s and Pardon’s team, for bettter or worse.

Look, I apologize. I shouldn't have said anything. The one post struck a nerve. So much shit went on last season and none of it needs to be discussed on a message board.

Kelly - one sad thing about this particular board is that once a topic is raised no matter how many caveats you put on your willingness to discuss it / people will continue to ask. See the Jordan Lathon situation in the spring. The now five year old debate about the last coach. Ultimately these guys had issues last year and did not get it done. Probably were 12 sides to the story. When that was combined with the injuries across the roster you get 6-12 in Big10. Hopefully those issues are behind the team. Do you know if BMac is good to try and keep playing in Europe? Or is he looking to coach?

Kelly - one sad thing about this particular board is that once a topic is raised no matter how many caveats you put on your willingness to discuss it / people will continue to ask. See the Jordan Lathon situation in the spring. The now five year old debate about the last coach. Ultimately these guys had issues last year and did not get it done. Probably were 12 sides to the story. When that was combined with the injuries across the roster you get 6-12 in Big10. Hopefully those issues are behind the team. Do you know if BMac is good to try and keep playing in Europe? Or is he looking to coach?

He’s not ready to quit playing.

Seems pretty fair to ask someone to back up an assertion, especially something like “the biggest cancer from last year’s team is still there.”

Seems pretty fair to ask someone to back up an assertion, especially something like “the biggest cancer from last year’s team is still there.”

I think Kelly's point is that her in on the team has always by BMac. So she was defending him and that points to his POV. My angle on this was what I was told about the other perspective. Then there is what I saw with my own eyes concerning Lindsey. I really don't care who was right but I do know there were visible problems. We all can guess who she met as the "biggest cancer" - F#&k*(@ Charlie Hall.

I think Kelly's point is that her in on the team has always by BMac. So she was defending him and that points to his POV. My angle on this was what I was told about the other perspective. Then there is what I saw with my own eyes concerning Lindsey. I really don't care who was right but I do know there were visible problems. We all can guess who she met as the "biggest cancer" - F#&k*(@ Charlie Hall.

I think that makes it all the more worthwhile to follow up. If the all-everything four-year starting lead guard who was by all reports pretty tight with Collins thinks that there was a single "biggest problem" that's still on the team, that's noteworthy.

Geez people, he’s already apologized. Let’s drop it.

You can’t just apologize for saying the biggest cancer remains on this current team and then walk away, just because you got defensive about assigning any blame to Bryant McIntosh for last year’s poor performance.

Unless I missed it, I don’t remember seeing this statement being retracted as false.

You can’t just apologize for saying the biggest cancer remains on this current team and then walk away, just because you got defensive about assigning any blame to Bryant McIntosh for last year’s poor performance.

Unless I missed it, I don’t remember seeing this statement being retracted as false.

And this would be the statement:

Not true. The biggest issue is still there.

Retract?

I’m a he.

Yeah, Charlie's got to grow up and start taking the game seriously. Stop being such a clown and realize his potential. He could be so much more for us on the court if he would just buckle down and stop it with the antics. Take a page from Tino.

No and I’m not going to elaborate further because last year is over.

“I’m going to put forth an incendary comment then backtrack when asked to substantiate it.”

That’s some bullshit right there.

Last edited:
Ya know, young men get in a snit sometimes and competitive young men who are highly skilled can get self righteous. It is up to Coach Collins monitor this stuff and to straighten them up. If he is unable to do that, or have other staff around him who can do that, it is a big fail. Collins has to manage this or he is not the coach are all hoping he is.

Reactions: Medill90
Sorry - I forgot was Skelly one of the captains and not Pardon? I guess that makes sense.

So was it Skelly/Law vs. Lindsey/Mac? Was that the diametric we're talking about here?

If so, I know who I would side with based on performances and observed effort last year.

Or was there even a diametric, or was it just a lack of general cohesion amongst all of the 4 captains?

Unless Days of Our Lives was holding a casting call on campus, it’s time to move on. I’m sure they have. They’re 18-22 year olds anyway.

Regarding the original post that concerns one reporter projecting NU at second from the bottom.....

First, the league looks to be one or two teams....and then everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if NU finished top five. Ditto teams like Iowa, Wiscy, Indiana.

I would be very surprised if Illinois or Rutgers finished top five. Not a slam on either. I think Illinois needs the year to gel a team that has all new parts. Rutgers is better, but really not that much better.

NU has a ton of experience and that includes a lot of guys who started. They have two transfers who started for their previous teams and performed well. They have Vic Law who underwent a procedure to fix a medical issue that hindered him. They have a rising frosh who is a badass....admittedly a wild card.

They have a ton of frosh who can fill gaps and needs.

We do not know if NU can sufficiently cover the point guard position with all their assets. But NU has a shit-ton of assets. A shit-ton a very experienced assets. Too many assets too much quality experience to project the team as second from the bottom in the Big Ten.

My comment to Rothstein is that getting it wrong last year isn't fixed by underbidding this year.

thanks for making my point

I wasn't so much trying to make your point as to question why you felt like pointing out that Illinois and Rutgers aren't likely to be in the top 5 of the conference. I mean that's like saying Rutgers probably won't win the Big Ten in football this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT