ADVERTISEMENT

20-21 conference schedule up

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. Puts a brighter spotlight on the program and holds the team accountable for preparation. Also helps ensure that Fitz or Fitz's replacement doesn't lose and then give us the bullsh*t "all our goals are still ahead of us" speech if we're 0-1 in conference play before Labor Day.

In case you didn't notice the broader schedule, there appear to be "protected" cross division games that extend beyond the Indiana/Purdue series that was announced when the league expanded to 14. 2020&21 will make 6 consecutive seasons these games have been played home/home.

Indiana/Purdue
Northwestern/Michigan State
Rutgers/Illinois
Michigan/Wisconsin
Ohio State/Nebraska
Iowa/Penn State
Maryland/Minnesota

Same here. The second dumbest Big 10 idea since holding the BB Tournament in MSG.
totally agree.

also- starting with MSU isn't bad really- think of how much exposure an otherwise ordinary OSU Indiana game got this year because it was a decent conference game on opening weekend. granted the Thursday ESPN gameday slot helped. but i'd say there's a very good chance both those MSU games end up on national tv. sure we lose an easier first week win a la Nevada this year, but I mean it's not like MSU is any tougher of an opponent than Stanford. gotta play them all at some point.

I wouldn't say I was thrilled with starting B1G season week one but I don't hate it.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT