ADVERTISEMENT

2017 CB commit Cameron Ruiz wins two state titles

I seem to remember Matt Harris running track as well. If Ruiz is as good as Matt, we are set for a while!

Not really. It's the difference between hitting part of the board and all of the board. From what Ruiz said about his triple jump, he missed the board and should have jumped at least 51' if he had his steps right.

Reactions: Inovacat
Not really. It's the difference between hitting part of the board and all of the board. From what Ruiz said about his triple jump, he missed the board and should have jumped at least 51' if he had his steps right.
Correct Glades. Take-off point can easily be worth 3.5 inches. When Bob Beamon broke the world record in the Mexico City Olympics at 29' 2", he did so by nearly 2 feet. That's a big deal! As usual, our resident track and field expert doesn't know as much as he thinks he does!

Correct Glades. Take-off point can easily be worth 3.5 inches. When Bob Beamon broke the world record in the Mexico City Olympics at 29' 2", he did so by nearly 2 feet. That's a big deal! As usual, our resident track and field expert doesn't know as much as he thinks he does!

What did I ever do to you?

I guess I'm viewing those extra four inches in the context of also winning the triple jump and participating in the finals of both the 400 and 4x400 on the same day.

Regardless, both technique and athleticism are key in the jumping events and he seems to have plenty of both.

He's even easier than that. Give him a pecan log roll from Stuckeys and some Wild Turkey and its BFF.
Hungry, you're confusing me with someone else. I've never had either a pecan roll from Stuckeys or a slug of Wild Turkey. A Yuengling or two on the other hand....

Hungry, you're confusing me with someone else. I've never had either a pecan roll from Stuckeys or a slug of Wild Turkey. A Yuengling or two on the other hand....

You've never had a shot of Wild Turkey?! After hearing that you blasted your RA down a stairwell with a fire hose, I figured you for a Wild Turkey man.

You've never had a shot of Wild Turkey?! After hearing that you blasted your RA down a stairwell with a fire hose, I figured you for a Wild Turkey man.
Glades, that was an Early Times related incident and had nothing to do with Wild Turkey. I did survive the disciplinary proceedings, but was placed on disciplinary probation for the balance of my NU career.

We may not all agree on everything on this board or even all get along but I have yet to hear anyone say they didn't like Yuengling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT