ADVERTISEMENT

2017 grad transfer options

If there was going to be a graduate transfer joining the 'Cats in 2017, I believe that it would have materialized by now. Nevertheless, I can appreciate Feli's enthusiasm for continuing to analyze grad transfer options and possibilities up the very last minute. The clock is winding down...

* New undergraduate student registration begins September 14.
* Fall classes start on September 19.
Still plenty of time.

The winter quarter starts January 8, 2018. By then NU will have played 17 games, more than half of the regular season. Pretty unlikely that a transfer joins the team and contributes, without being able to practice with the team until the remaining 14 games of the regular season.....
Of course it is unlikely, and no one would want that to happen intentionally...but if the team's (whichever team, not necessarily NU) only alternative is to play the remainder of the season with an empty roster spot then taking the mid season transfer may be at least slightly better...just imagine that a transfer comes in on time but suffers an injury just before the first game of the season, and then is fully recovered by early January...the coaches would still try to get something out of the player...they don't have to play him if they don't want to, but I doubt they'd rather have one fewer available player.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT