ADVERTISEMENT

25 years ago today...

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Mr. and Mrs. LouV were married at Alice Millar Chapel at NU. It’s still the best decision I’ve ever made. By far.

That same year, Northwestern won the Big Ten and went to the Rose Bowl. Coincidence? I think not.

Mr. and Mrs. LouV were married at Alice Millar Chapel at NU. It’s still the best decision I’ve ever made. By far.

That same year, Northwestern won the Big Ten and went to the Rose Bowl. Coincidence? I think not.

Congrats Lou. Hopefully this anniversary once again foreshadows good things to come for NU football this season.

Smoking Hot! That's all I gotta say Lou.

GOUNUII

Congratulations, Lou. Since you are reaching a big milestone, is it fair to ask if Mrs. Lou V. liked sports when the above picture was taken, or grew to tolerate them over 25 years? I think the odds of reaching 25 with you without one of the two would pretty much be nil!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Congratulations! Since at number 25 this is your Silver Anniversary, here is a view I captured for you from the Silver State on my recent return back to Alaska. Happy Anniversary to you and your bride!

IMG_8545_(1).jpg

Maybe an eventual 25th Anniversary trip to Vegas to catch one of the shows or the newly located Las Vegas Raiders playing there will be in the cards?

Last edited:

Congratulations Lou and a special shout out to your wife for tolerating your ceaseless effort to report all things relating related to NU sports. She's obviously a special person!

Congratulations, Lou. Since you are reaching a big milestone, is it fair to ask if Mrs. Lou V. liked sports when the above picture was taken, or grew to tolerate them over 25 years? I think the odds of reaching 25 with you without one of the two would pretty much be nil!

I would say she tolerates sports -- and just about as much now as she did then. Not much has changed -- except for her disdain for NU. She used to be a fan, but not so much anymore. It's mostly because she's a Nebraska alum who's bitter that both of our kids turned out to be Northwestern fans that bleed Purple, just like their old man. Drives her crazy.

I would say she tolerates sports -- and just about as much now as she did then. Not much has changed -- except for her disdain for NU. She used to be a fan, but not so much anymore. It's mostly because she's a Nebraska alum who's bitter that both of our kids turned out to be Northwestern fans that bleed Purple, just like their old man. Drives her crazy.

LOL. My in-laws of 40+ years are all Nebraska fans, but since my spouse is a Medill grad, we never have had the mixed loyalty issue internally.

Congratulations, Lou! Fantastic life event. Ahead by about 19 years.

Happy anniversary to you both. May your lovely bride one day appreciate the REAL NU.

Happy Anniversary Lou and Mrs. Lou. You are both very fortunate to have such a sustained relationship.

Congrats Louie and my admiration for raising your kids properly!

Reactions: lou v
Happy anniversary, LouV!

I like the State of Nebraska; it must be fun having Nebraska fans as in-laws. Best fans in the country, IMO. I still laugh thinking of the old woman in Holbrook (Pop. 207), pouring over a 12-page newspaper insert on Nebraska football that I wanted to read. She must have been at least in her mid-80[s and wore a sweatshirt that had a picture of her on the front with the words "Mildred Rocks!" I had to wait a long time for her to finish reading about her Huskers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT