ADVERTISEMENT

4-star, Rivals100 F Beran taking official to NU this weekend

much like the other post going on and on about NU comparisons - i think Beran could maybe be compared to Shurna as a freshman? better athlete than folks would give credit for and and very good shooter

much like the other post going on and on about NU comparisons - i think Beran could maybe be compared to Shurna as a freshman? better athlete than folks would give credit for and and very good shooter
Not to belabor the point on Shurna, but as a FY Shurna shot 35% from 3, 26 of 75. As a Senior, he shot 44%, 95 of 216. He averaged making 3 3's a game, and shot a higher percentage form 3 than BMac did his final year from 2 (41.9%)! To say he didn't improve during his time at NU is just plain wrong.

From the limited tape his athleticism looks pretty exceptional quick and strong jumper

His release point and ability to score off the dribble will give him offensive opportunities Shurna struggled (relatively speaking) to develop early in his career. Otherwise, the comparison is a fair one. If he has Shurna’s passion for the game, Beran could be special.

Power forward? Who cares. He’s a player.

GOUNUII

Reactions: No Chores
His release point and ability to score off the dribble will give him offensive opportunities Shurna struggled (relatively speaking) to develop early in his career. Otherwise, the comparison is a fair one. If he has Shurna’s passion for the game, Beran could be special.

Power forward? Who cares. He’s a player.

GOUNUII

I don't think "Shurna's passion for the game" is a small point. If a couple guys on those teams had the same drive and passion as Shurna to improve, add elements to their game each year, and compete against better competition the tournament would have happened earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT