ADVERTISEMENT

?

I think last year's meant more, and the Tap-to-Pardon play meant even more, but this was probably the best start-to-finish game in NU hoops history.

I think I heard in Collins' press conference that after the 16:07 mark of the game, the lead for either team was NEVER larger than three until the free throws in the waning seconds of the overtime. Good lord.

I think last year's meant more, and the Tap-to-Pardon play meant even more, but this was probably the best start-to-finish game in NU hoops history.

I think I heard in Collins' press conference that after the 16:07 mark of the game, the lead for either team was NEVER larger than three until the free throws in the waning seconds of the overtime. Good lord.
You're right . Last year meant more. But this years was like a kind of gloating we as fans have never had.

Yeah, I'm thinking that will be a very very angry arena for the boys.
Could Purdue regain its #1 ranking by then? Have to think it’s possible — even likely — considering they’re up against Arizona on 12/16. A win would put them back on track for #1.

Good trivia question. Has any one ever beaten the same team twice in one season with the losing team ranked #1 in both games?

I don’t know, but it seems possible. I’d look at Kentucky/Duke/NC.

Could Purdue regain its #1 ranking by then? Have to think it’s possible — even likely — considering they’re up against Arizona on 12/16. A win would put them back on track for #1.

Good trivia question. Has any one ever beaten the same team twice in one season with the losing team ranked #1 in both games?
Would seem unlikely that's happened, but what do I know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT