ADVERTISEMENT

A Fresh Perspective

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
Hello purple brothers and sisters,

I've come back after several months with a self imposed breather where I stepped away from these boards. I simply lost perspective, as a fan. Not good.

Along the way, I stayed in contact with the many friends I have met from this board but didn't post or even bother to visit this board for months.

At any rate, I have a renewed perspective. Winning isn't everything, and neither is losing. And supporting the team and program is rewarding.

I haven't the time to post as much as I did before, and that's good for all of us, lol. But after buying FloridAlum a free drink yesterday, I was encouraged to post.

Go Cats!

I've come back after several months with a self imposed breather where I stepped away from these boards. I simply lost perspective, as a fan. Not good.

Along the way, I stayed in contact with the many friends I have met from this board but didn't post or even bother to visit this board for months.

At any rate, I have a renewed perspective. Winning isn't everything, and neither is losing. And supporting the team and program is rewarding.

I haven't the time to post as much as I did before, and that's good for all of us, lol. But after buying FloridAlum a free drink yesterday, I was encouraged to post.

Go Cats!

Welcome back!!! I missed you.

This could be a special season for NU football. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Go Cats!

You see! You see! Good things happen when people buy my beverages! I have been trying to get that point across for ages.

You seem to have gotten a little brighter during your absence because you cut off half of my face in your avatar picture. That seems like a good idea. (Picture was taken yesterday morning over coffee in Florida )

Go Cats!

First of all Florida will probably tell you anything for a drink but become back anyway!

Go Cats!!

Go Cats!
Good to see you back on board and just in time to watch the BB Cats ma a run in the "Tournament" and the FB version go for the Conference Championship.

First of all Florida will probably tell you anything for a drink but become back anyway!

Go Cats!!

I told him it was really great to see him and that he was looking really good, and he bought my drink. I almost kept a straight face.

Welcome back to my favorite Howland Tiger. The fact that they didn't call themselves the Howland Wolves is an opportunity lost

I told him it was really great to see him and that he was looking really good, and he bought my drink. I almost kept a straight face.
The next thing you know you will be drinking with Midvale Dave. What has gotten into you?:D Wait a minute.... Did Travaras and Kevin buy you drinks too? Aren't you the gate keeper.

The next thing you know you will be drinking with Midvale Dave. What has gotten into you?:D Wait a minute.... Did Travaras and Kevin buy you drinks too? Aren't you the gate keeper.

I have had drinks with Midvale many times, he never picks up the tab. Haven't seen him recently, but we still keep in touch

PS just thought about it, last time I saw him was at the bowl game in Jacksonville where a bunch of us from the board were all sitting together.

I have had drinks with Midvale many times, he never picks up the tab. Haven't seen him recently, but we still keep in touch

PS just thought about it, last time I saw him was at the bowl game in Jacksonville where a bunch of us from the board were all sitting together.
Well, I'm glad to have Turk back and miss some of the guys who don't post anymore. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned unless they are just trying to upset each other. That gets tiring.

Reactions: NUCat320
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned unless they are just trying to upset each other. That gets tiring.

I agree, online behavior doesn't always reveal true character.

On my one trip to Evanston this past fall I ran into Turk and we conversed for several minutes. He was as cordial as ever, and has been so previously to my wife and me.

In personal encounters with denizens of this board (whether at Floridalum gatherings or elsewhere) I have yet to experience unpleasantness. Why people get more argumentative online is something I've never understood. Call me an elderly Pollyanna but if I were to meet and get to know even prickly personalities such as Feli, my bet is that we'd get along fine.

Surely this board is enriched by Turk's return. Please join in a rousing chorus of Kum-by-ya.

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned unless they are just trying to upset each other. That gets tiring.

I agree, online behavior doesn't always reveal true character.

On my one trip to Evanston this past fall I ran into Turk and we conversed for several minutes. He was as cordial as ever, and has been so previously to my wife and me.

In personal encounters with denizens of this board (whether at Floridalum gatherings or elsewhere) I have yet to experience unpleasantness. Why people get more argumentative online is something I've never understood. Call me an elderly Pollyanna but if I were to meet and get to know even prickly personalities such as Feli, my bet is that we'd get along fine.

Surely this board is enriched by Turk's return. Please join in a rousing chorus of Kum-by-ya.

Since you asked so nicely...you're an elderly Pollyanna. :D

Go Cats!
Are the player grades going to come back? We need straw men to throw grenades at!

Reactions: rmndcat
If you put a gun to my head and asked, "was Turk posting under Mr. Wickerpark, yes or no" I'd say yes 10x out of 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT