ADVERTISEMENT

A player from 07 comes forward (allegedly, if you prefer)

Also

July 9, 6:01 p.m. CT
Nicole Markus of The Daily Northwestern reported that she spoke to a former offensive lineman who had experienced hazing and racism within the program. He confirmed the practice of “the car wash” that WildcatReport’s Louie Vaccher and Inside NU’s Bradley Locker also reported.

• Haha
Reactions: Still Laughing
You seem flat out giddy about all of this. Really strange.
I f***ing hate it. It makes me sick. I've been disappointed by the team's performance in the past couple of years, but was always proud of the integrity, graduation, lack of legal issues, respect, etc. Now that seems to be in the crapper. What I DON'T believe in is whitewashing it. Rip off the bandaid. Get on with life.

You grieve how you want and let me be me. I've lived and died with this program, and I'm dying inside.

It’s actually really disappointing and strange that so many people have already taken all the allegations as gospel and seem to be more happy about the potential severe punishment(all the way to the firing of multiple people) than actually being horrified and disappointed about what this will do to the football program if it all plays out like they think it should.

It’s actually really disappointing and strange that so many people have already taken all the allegations as gospel and seem to be more happy about the potential severe punishment(all the way to the firing of multiple people) than actually being horrified and disappointed about what this will do to the football program if it all plays out like they think it should.
Completely agree.

Reactions: Rebel II
2007 graduate means the player played from 2003 to 2006 though. Society has evolved a lot re-hazing since then and Fitz didn't become HC until summer 2006.

I'm 100% anti-hazing, but I just don't think whatever hazing happened in those years should be held against Fitz.

I f***ing hate it. It makes me sick. I've been disappointed by the team's performance in the past couple of years, but was always proud of the integrity, graduation, lack of legal issues, respect, etc. Now that seems to be in the crapper. What I DON'T believe in is whitewashing it. Rip off the bandaid. Get on with life.

You grieve how you want and let me be me. I've lived and died with this program, and I'm dying inside.
Copy and paste the above comment on all the threads, every hour on the hour. The losses, the blind loyalty to poor personnel decisions, the seeming inability to adapt to the changed college football landscape? That pissed me off. The squandering of the new facility, the Covid year record/motto Top 10 and Top 10, the good pub from 1st round draft choices etc.? That pissed me off too. But since the Dark Ages shaped my mind at a very tender age, I readily exchanged a few off seasons for a clean program. I took solace that good guys and programs sometimes finish last.

Most of us know how this will unfold. Whether most of this is true or not, it doesn't matter. It's going to stick. We'll hear about how he had all but wrapped up lifetime tenure at NU. We'll hear the quote about what power and absolute power does.

There was nothing like 1995 and he is the last active link in the program. He's the last link to the last happy moments I spent with my dad in this world. Hopefully we can keep everything in perspective on this board, treat it in muted tones like when we're at a funeral and refrain from the outrage v. bravado debates like some cheap ESPN Around The Horn show.

Copy and paste the above comment on all the threads, every hour on the hour. The losses, the blind loyalty to poor personnel decisions, the seeming inability to adapt to the changed college football landscape? That pissed me off. The squandering of the new facility, the Covid year record/motto Top 10 and Top 10, the good pub from 1st round draft choices etc.? That pissed me off too. But since the Dark Ages shaped my mind at a very tender age, I readily exchanged a few off seasons for a clean program. I took solace that good guys and programs sometimes finish last.

Most of us know how this will unfold. Whether most of this is true or not, it doesn't matter. It's going to stick. We'll hear about how he had all but wrapped up lifetime tenure at NU. We'll hear the quote about what power and absolute power does.

There was nothing like 1995 and he is the last active link in the program. He's the last link to the last happy moments I spent with my dad in this world. Hopefully we can keep everything in perspective on this board, treat it in muted tones like when we're at a funeral and refrain from the outrage v. bravado debates like some cheap ESPN Around The Horn show.
“Whether most of this is true or not, it doesn’t matter”? Wow, this is twilight zone level stuff. The truth is the only thing that matters in situations like this.

Reactions: Rebel II
“Whether most of this is true or not, it doesn’t matter”? Wow, this is twilight zone level stuff. The truth is the only thing that matters in situations like this.
"The truth is the only thing that matters in situations like this." That's X-Files speak.

Sadly, administrations in academia are the Twilight Zone. There is a yeti outside our window on the wing of the airplane. I can see it. It's messing with the engines. If you try looking for it, it just jumps away from view. But it's there.

Last edited:
2007 graduate means the player played from 2003 to 2006 though. Society has evolved a lot re-hazing since then and Fitz didn't become HC until summer 2006.

I'm 100% anti-hazing, but I just don't think whatever hazing happened in those years should be held against Fitz.
If this practice was suspended after Fitz became head coach that would certainly make a difference. We need more information to be made public for sure.

"The truth is the only thing that matters in situations like this." That's X-Files speak.

Sadly, administrations in academia are the Twilight Zone. There is a yeti outside our window on the wing of the airplane. I can see it. It's messing with the engines. If you try looking for it, it just jumps away from view. But it's there.
Nice Twilight Zone reference to the episode with William Shatner. A bit of levity in this sad time.
While the truth is out there, unfortunately it may well never be ascertained and the allegations will, fairly or unfairly, characterize the NU program for some time . This is a very sad time made worse by the President’s ill considered statement which appears largely at odds with the investigation report and with no mulligan available .

Reactions: Cat In The Cradle
How are his statements at odds with the report?
This is a very sad time made worse by the President’s ill considered statement which appears largely at odds with the investigation report and with no mulligan available .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT