ADVERTISEMENT

A QB question

Hkjb

Apr 23, 2016
Is it just me, or does it seem like Bryant is the only NU quarterback for a long time who actually goes through progressions, uses his eyes to misdirect safeties, and pump fakes?

Seem like since Thorson (maybe even before Thorson) our QB's have tended to stare down one receiver and telegraph where they are going. Maybe Ramsey was better than most but it seems that our home-grown QB's never learn this aspect of the game.

Warm fuzzy feeling every time I see Bryant go to his second option, pump fake, or misdirect the defence.

For NU QB's, is this as rare as I think it is?

No.

QB development hasn't been great.

Our best passers (Bacher, Siemian) were pretty polished coming out of HS.

Persa and Kafka (for 1 season) were the only ones to see dramatic improvements as passers.

Reactions: Hkjb
Is it just me, or does it seem like Bryant is the only NU quarterback for a long time who actually goes through progressions, uses his eyes to misdirect safeties, and pump fakes?

Seem like since Thorson (maybe even before Thorson) our QB's have tended to stare down one receiver and telegraph where they are going. Maybe Ramsey was better than most but it seems that our home-grown QB's never learn this aspect of the game.

Warm fuzzy feeling every time I see Bryant go to his second option, pump fake, or misdirect the defence.

It was the most thrilling and riveting part of the win against Minny, and it took me 2 hours to get to sleep after I went to bed. :)

This is a good post. Bryant has looked like a classic pocket QB when he’s had time. He hasn’t had a lot of time, consistently.

I hope he gets time and we see some BBs from him today.

For what it’s worth, on the pregame they just reported that Bryant is the best quarterback they’ve seen, specifically of his ability to go through multiple reads, and his ability to look off defenders with his eyes.

(They didn’t mention it, but the game-winner last week — or maybe the game tie-er? — came when he sold a fade right then came back for the slant slot left.)

FUMBLE CATS BALL GO CATS GO CATS GO

Reactions: Hkjb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT