ADVERTISEMENT

Sign stealing question

Hkjb

Apr 23, 2016
I don't get it.
Football is a competitive sport. Not just physically.
Teams scout each other. Safeties read the QB's eyes to get a jump on the ball if the QB doesn't look them off.
Defensive coordinators mix up looks, fake blitzes, etc in order to throw off the offence. Offensive coordinators change it up too. Maybe not ours.
There are plenty of mind games.

So who decided to draw the line at sign stealing?

We would be pretty good at it. So...is it the dumb schools that pushed for this rule? My suggestion is to kill the rule and make it part of the game, because it already is.
Finally, I can't imagine how they expect to enforce/police this rule. Luck of the draw when it gets discovered - but I would think only 5-10% of the sign stealing is found out. So the ban on sign stealing probably penalises the smart-yet-ethical schools, and rewards the smart and unethical ones.

Any views?

I don't get it.
Football is a competitive sport. Not just physically.
Teams scout each other. Safeties read the QB's eyes to get a jump on the ball if the QB doesn't look them off.
Defensive coordinators mix up looks, fake blitzes, etc in order to throw off the offence. Offensive coordinators change it up too. Maybe not ours.
There are plenty of mind games.

So who decided to draw the line at sign stealing?

We would be pretty good at it. So...is it the dumb schools that pushed for this rule? My suggestion is to kill the rule and make it part of the game, because it already is.
Finally, I can't imagine how they expect to enforce/police this rule. Luck of the draw when it gets discovered - but I would think only 5-10% of the sign stealing is found out. So the ban on sign stealing probably penalises the smart-yet-ethical schools, and rewards the smart and unethical ones.

Any views?

There’s nothing illegal about sign stealing on game day. Literally every team does it to the best of their abilities. Michigan is potentially in trouble for scouting opponents in person, which is patently illegal in college football.

There’s nothing illegal about sign stealing on game day. Literally every team does it to the best of their abilities. Michigan is potentially in trouble for scouting opponents in person, which is patently illegal in college football.
Look up the NCAA case of Wabash vs DePauw in D3. The first time anyone filed a complaint. It's an honesty and morality issue. Most people don't understand.

Reactions: NUCats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT