ADVERTISEMENT

A story about Schill

T_Levine

May 26, 2010
In retrospect, the following is a sad reflection on the people currently involved.

In Sacramento at the NCAA tourney, before the Utah State game, the Northwestern fans were generally split between the section behind the Cats' bench and behind the basket to the right.

In the sections behind the bench, Fitz was with his family, ex basketball players in a row nearby. In the three rows behind the bench sat NAA President Larry Irving, former NU Pres Morty and new president Schill.

As the crowd in both sections got the spirit going, shouting GO YOU (led by Fitz and company) to NU in the section I was in behind the basket, everyone was into it.

BUT

President Schill was the ONLY Person in the section of hundreds who was fixated on his cell phone.

I have video. I have pictures. I just don't know how to post.

My immediate thought was WHAT. He never looked up.

At the pep rally before. He abdicated to Fitz to lead.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan and Hkjb
Sounds like the type of guy who would outsource a key athletics decision to Pat Ryan Jr. without even bothering to read the report the school spent 6 months and a lot of money on.

Unbelievable. How did Shill even be considered for this job?

Not a real fan of this line of thought. He’s not married and doesn’t appear to be the biggest sports fan thus something is wrong with him?

President Schill is more than qualified for this job. He held the same title at the University of Oregon which has a much larger athletic dept and donor base than Northwestern. He has degrees from Princeton and Yale. Clearly he’s an outstanding academic.

You want to judge his handling of this situation? That’s fair game, but the sweeping generalizations are a bit much.

Not a real fan of this line of thought. He’s not married and doesn’t appear to be the biggest sports fan thus something is wrong with him?

President Schill is more than qualified for this job. He held the same title at the University of Oregon which has a much larger athletic dept and donor base than Northwestern. He has degrees from Princeton and Yale. Clearly he’s an outstanding academic.

You want to judge his handling of this situation? That’s fair game, but the sweeping generalizations are a bit much.
Yeah, the "not married" bit isn't relevant, IMO. There are A LOT of fans who are not married. That has no connection to his incompetence. Same with being close to his sister.

Reactions: BillMedleyFan
Yeah, the "not married" bit isn't relevant, IMO. There are A LOT of fans who are not married. That has no connection to his incompetence. Same with being close to his sister.
It was in the context of his sister plays a major role according to a source who knows them well from his days at you of C.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT