ADVERTISEMENT

Adetomiwa Adebawore puts on a show at the NFL Draft Combine

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021

We've all known Adebawore was a monster, but now he has the numbers to back it up. He ran an official 4.49 40-yard dash and set the defensive tackle record for the broad jump at 10'5" while weighing in at 282 pounds. He's been in the middle to late second round in several mocks in the run-up to the combine, look for his stock to soar even higher after this impressive display.

Those are ridiculous numbers. The 40y time is better than Justin Jackson's, among many others.

Reactions: epicbret
That is his official NFL combine verified 40 time? Unreal. And it is the fastest time in 20 years for anyone > 275 lbs?? Granted a 40 yd dash does not translate to what a DL does but it may indicate based on the video that he gets off the line and accelerates really quick, which are very translatable to edge rushers I’d think.

That is his official NFL combine verified 40 time? Unreal. And it is the fastest time in 20 years for anyone > 275 lbs?? Granted a 40 yd dash does not translate to what a DL does but it may indicate based on the video that he gets off the line and accelerates really quick, which are very translatable to edge rushers I’d think.

He’s probably a 3-tech DT in the NFL, but regardless they’re just stupid testing numbers. Has a chance to put up an all-timer of a combine performance in the bench and agility drills tomorrow.

GCG, you'd be a good guy to ask about this. With his demonstrated production at NU, and virtually off-the-charts combine numbers, what is it that NFL teams see as negatives or drawbacks with him? I mean, what is it that keeps him from consideration as a first rounder? Are there, say, concerns about technique? His fit for certain schemes? His arm length (which apparently is at least a small issue with Skoronski)? Can't imagine there'd be questions about his motor, and his character isn't in question. So what is it that they're not seeing that they'd need to see in order to give him a first round grade? Appreciate your insight on this.

GCG, you'd be a good guy to ask about this. With his demonstrated production at NU, and virtually off-the-charts combine numbers, what is it that NFL teams see as negatives or drawbacks with him? I mean, what is it that keeps him from consideration as a first rounder? Are there, say, concerns about technique? His fit for certain schemes? His arm length (which apparently is at least a small issue with Skoronski)? Can't imagine there'd be questions about his motor, and his character isn't in question. So what is it that they're not seeing that they'd need to see in order to give him a first round grade? Appreciate your insight on this.
He was productive at NU, but he wasn't off-the-charts-first-round productive at NU in my memory. That is way more important than any combine number.

Reactions: Ryanfield124
He’s probably a 3-tech DT in the NFL, but regardless they’re just stupid testing numbers. Has a chance to put up an all-timer of a combine performance in the bench and agility drills tomorrow.
I thought you were in the 5 Tech camp for Tomi?

His arms are longer than many of his DL peers actually, even guys 3 inches taller

I thought you were in the 5 Tech camp for Tomi?

Frankly I thought he was a little bit taller than he measured. Combine that with extremely long arms and I think he could still play 5-tech DE in a 3-4 but seems destined for NFL 3-tech at this point.

I think they might look at the tape and (rightly) ask why the production doesn’t match the jump-off-the-page testing numbers. He was a good player in college, but didn’t put up flashy pass rushing stats or really “pop” too often. An argument could be made that was due to scheme and/or playing more edge than inside pass rushing, but doesn’t change the tape. It’s part of the reason I still have doubts that he could push into the first round, but he’s unquestionably improved his stock with a strong week at the Senior Bowl then an even better performance at the combine.

My most recent comp is Rashan Gary, albeit a couple inches shorter. Test like crazy, but production didn’t really materialize that way. Didn’t stop Gary from getting drafted in the mid-first thought, so… what do I know? Only takes one team to fall in love with a guy and take him on day one.

Just wonder if Fitz looked at Tommy, then looked at Marty Long, and wondered the same as most of here... where was the on-field performance from a gifted, freakish player like Tommy? And Anto Saka, seemingly in a similar mold as Tommy, didn't see the field last year either as a first year. Hoping that Christian Smith and Dave Braun can get more production from these talented players.

We've all known Adebawore was a monster, but now he has the numbers to back it up. He ran an official 4.49 40-yard dash and set the defensive tackle record for the broad jump at 10'5" while weighing in at 282 pounds. He's been in the middle to late second round in several mocks in the run-up to the combine, look for his stock to soar even higher after this impressive display.
First rounder now!

This from Peter King today:

I’m still working on pronouncing the first and last name, but Northwestern DL Adetomiwa Adebawore (pronounced “add-ee-TOMMY-wah add-ee-BAR-uh”) made himself some money this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT