ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan may still be in the mix as Quarterback Recruit?

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Interestingly from today’s Denverpost.com it is reported that, "Northwestern has not commented as to the status of the star quarterback’s scholarship offer.”

The same article reports that a preliminary hearing regarding the yet to be proven charges will be held on January 6, 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Interestingly from today’s Denverpost.com it is reported that, Northwestern has not commented as to the status of the star quarterback’s scholarship offer.”

The same article reports that a preliminary hearing regarding the yet to be proven charges will be held on January 6, 2020.
I can only hope that those who actually know what's going on are making the best decisions for all involved.

Interestingly from today’s Denverpost.com it is reported that, Northwestern has not commented as to the status of the star quarterback’s scholarship offer.”

I think it is against NCAA rules to comment on an unsigned prospect, so NU not commenting doesn’t mean anything, as far as I know.

That’s because it is against NCAA rules to comment on his scholarship offer.

Reactions: zeek55
Is it possible that his case might wind up like wide receiver Cephus at UofW?? Is this what you are wondering about?

Had not drawn that parallel but it is noteworthy that after Cephus was acquitted in August that the University of Wisconsin did reinstate him although unclear as to whether he will eventually return to the football team.

Given that the alleged conduct in which Cephus was engaged occurred while he was a student at UW and allegedly impacted other UW students would seem to be differentiating factors.

Obviously a topic for another thread and another time, but the implied question as to whether Northwestern should/would honor both the scholarship offer and position on the team in the event charges are dismissed January 6th, or otherwise nullified thereafter by dismissal or acquittal, presents some challenging issues.

Last edited:
I would think at this point NU would avoid the controversy. The allegation of inappropriate behavior may be damning enough. So whatever happens on 1/6 is moot. He gone!

I will be the devil's advocate here-if he is exonerated NU should honor their commitment .

The Duke lacrosse incident of 2006 should be remembered-false accusations, prosecutorial misconduct. Three young men had their lives turned upside down-so I would recommend waiting to see how the case turns out

I will be the devil's advocate here-if he is exonerated NU should honor their commitment .

It still appeared that they were not forthcoming with what was going on with the charges, which is an issue regardless of whether he is innocent or guilty and I don’t think they would take him. Of course we don’t know but it seemed like a complete surprise to NU.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
Had not drawn that parallel but it is noteworthy that after Cephus was acquitted in August that the University of Wisconsin did reinstate him although unclear as to whether he will eventually return to the football team.

Given that the alleged conduct in which Cephus was engaged occurred while he was a student at UW and allegedly impacted other UW students would seem to be differentiating factors.

Obviously a topic for another thread and another time, but the implied question as to whether Northwestern should/would honor both the scholarship offer and position on the team in the event charges are dismissed January 6th, or otherwise nullified thereafter by dismissal or acquittal, presents some challenging issues.
I am pretty sure Cephus played this past Fall for UW. I could have sworn that I heard him making some plays for them as a receiver. True? I think they had a story on it on espn or btn.

Cepheus immediately rejoined the team. Was, I think, their top receiver. They all spoke very proudly of him.
So, based on what I read, Cephus had one-night-stand sex with two women the same night, both of whom he had just met earlier that day. That doesn't seem to be in dispute.

Am I the only one so old-fashioned that I find that scandalous even without the sexual assault part?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT