ADVERTISEMENT

Allen to BC

lunker35

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2010
I absolutely hate when they flip days before signing day. The kid has had the BC offer for quite sometime so it's not like this came out of the blue. It leaves us scrambling with to fill a class. Good luck at BC, I guess...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Speculation of course, but maybe the rumor that Allen did visit Yale for football related reasons was true - or at least Northwestern believed that he did - and Fitz pulled the scholarship per his coaching policy. That he was on campus just last week (and assuming he did actually decommit) I wonder what happened - or didn't happen if he was looking at the trip as a last chance - during that visit.

Fine

If he doesn't want to be at Northwestern, then he shouldn't be at Northwestern. I hope we schedule BC again in the near future and we wipe the field with them.

Re: Fine

Agreed. I'm glad he's not coming if he doesn't want to be here. I just don't understand decommiting days before signing day when you've been comitted for 9+ months.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Clearly the BC coaching staff told him to do it in order to hurt us, given how we've disposed of them the last couple of times we've played.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Players flipping is the tough part of recruiting, I'm sure this decommitt will not drive the future football schedules of each school.

He must have wanted to be on the East Coast. Too bad it took him so long to figure it out.

Best of luck to him. IIRC, he had the BC offer in hand early on. I wonder why he waited so long to make up his mind.

Of our several D-line commits, I was least excited about Allen. I went back and watched his film, tried to find some more film, and found some tape of another Zach Allen playing a rover LB/S and thought "Holy Cow! What an athlete." Wrong Zach Allen.

Clearly is he very athletic, but I thought he was more fast than explosive. Reminded me a bit of James Prather, a late add to last year's class, but Prather looked like he could play LB.

Be curious to see what we do with that last schollie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT