ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson

I like the kid and his NU roots, but understand his potential concern about playing time. With injuries, you never know when your opportunity comes, but it is hard to wait around as there is only one football. This portal is accelerating at light speed

I like the kid and his NU roots, but understand his potential concern about playing time. With injuries, you never know when your opportunity comes, but it is hard to wait around as there is only one football. This portal is accelerating at light speed

What’s with the fire sale?

I see that Lou’s tweet about this caught the attention of Damien.

I didn’t get Damien’s critique of the tweet, which seemed fair. What double standard is he referring to? Drake had plenty of opportunities and played well often. Both he and Bowser were replaced in games after key fumbles and of course both are transferring. I think both would have had opportunities to get back in the rotation had they stayed.

Damien said “You should be conscious of the words you use & type of narrative they suggest”

I think he’s upset over the word “doghouse”

Reactions: Titanium999
Words are violence.

I can't blame DAII for being upset about his son's predicament. The fumbles have cost him a job, more or less. I doubt Drake ends up at a P5--not if he wants to play a lot.

Arizona might be hurting for players soon and ASU isn’t exactly blowing the doors off.

Reactions: nu greek
Another guy who so happens to be from a far-flung state, too. The NU connections make it a bit different but the prospect of languishing on the bench of the school where your father thrived could have made the decision even easier in some ways.

I wouldn’t put a position change past Coco. He looked more than capable against the Illini two years ago. Seems like a heckuva athlete.

No way. He wouldn’t last more than a few weeks at RB before getting injured. Besides, right now he is slated to be our starting safety next to Jackson next year. That’s where we need him because there is Not much proven talent behind them at safety right now.

No way. He wouldn’t last more than a few weeks at RB before getting injured. Besides, right now he is slated to be our starting safety next to Jackson next year. That’s where we need him because there is Not much proven talent behind them at safety right now.
Joseph?

I can see how he would be discouraged at NU and feel the need to start over elsewhere. His ability to hold onto the ball is in question. Porter has clearly won the start and Tyus looks good enough to get some serious PT next season.

Good luck Drake.

Always appreciated Drake,,,looked a littel undersized to me when I first saw him,,,but stuck his nose in there...became a good blocker..and open field runner..I forget which game it was that he basically won the game with a key block on a blitzer.....this leaves a bad taste in my mouth...and still wondering if something is going on or these are just kids adapting to the new status quo.....good luck to Drake....he took some licks and kept on ticking.
I hate it when there is a disturbance in the force

Too small and goes down to easy

Really? How about a little class and empathy.

You have ZERO idea as to what went on in the decision process of the young men who have decided to transfer from NU, including Drake. Neither do I. But as the parent of a college freshman this year, I will tell you that the isolating conditions that schools around the country (and other parts of the world) have had to implement because of Covid-19 are absolutely taking a toll, beyond Coronavirus.

Think about that from your comfy-shmumpfy couch before you cast off the cuff disparaging remarks about these "kids".

Really? How about a little class and empathy.

You have ZERO idea as to what went on in the decision process of the young men who have decided to transfer from NU, including Drake. Neither do I. But as the parent of a college freshman this year, I will tell you that the isolating conditions that schools around the country (and other parts of the world) have had to implement because of Covid-19 are absolutely taking a toll, beyond Coronavirus.

Think about that from your comfy-shmumpfy couch before you cast off the cuff disparaging remarks about these "kids".
I like Drake! Great kid,like all NU players, he has to take the good with the bad. He may have left for a myriad of reasons,unbeknownst to anyone on here. That being said,all posters,Louey Vacher,Vacheron, Wrassler included,have a right to post their thoughts, without being personally attacked. If you want to be the best,you have to embrace the good and bad. Wrassler is on a quest to be a top 200 ranked tennis pro for over 60 in the International Tennis Association. Besides playing with a pulled hamstring, Wrassler has a decidedly weak forehand, which he has worked tirelessly on for past several months. That being said, Wrassler has been beaten by 3 teenage girls as well as a host of teen boys.
What have I done about it? Embraced it all as learning opportunities, just like Drake Anderson. Both he and Bowser put the ball on the ground at inopportune times. Just trivial mistakes in the grand scheme of life,playing a barbaric sport with other gladiators. Still,having got my lunch handed to me multiple times as an NU wrestler, I can say this with utmost certainty. Noone really gives a sh... about these trivial sports faux pas. What really matters, 20to 30 years down the road is how you responded to your mistakes and transcended them to life experiences.

Best wishes to Drake Anderson. I really enjoyed his highlights at NU and saw him develop into a big play threat every time he touched the ball. Thanks for your contributions to my favorite team, and I hope you find a good team to showcase your talents for your next step in the journey.

Overall, I liked Drake, but I think he never developed in two critical areas:
1. learning when to stop going "east-west" and settle for a few positive yards "north-south." My observation was the Drake was overly enamored with the cut back to try to get the "home run play" rather than patiently waiting for the hole. His career long was a 41yd TD against Nebraska this year - I don't think it's a coincidence that he hit the hole that the play was designed to open up (a designed counter to the right), as opposed to him dancing around in the backfield, reversing field, then getting tackled for a loss, which I felt happened far too often.
2. ball security

I was curious as to what his actual fumble rate was during his NU career: 5 fumbles over 238 total touches (rushes + receptions), meaning he fumbled once every 47.6 touches.

I wasn't able to find any college stats, but as a comparison, in 2019, the fumble rate in the NFL for RBs was 1 in every 114.9 touches. So, I think it's safe to say that Drake's fumble rate was much higher than it should have been and probably led to him being benched by the coaching staff.

I wish him the best wherever his career takes him.

I think the two items are probably related. The more time he spent freestyling, the more opportunities there were for something bad to happen. True, sometimes he made a really great play, but once there was film on him, it was much easier to stop him from having success reversing field.

I'm the same as most people here though - I want him to succeed wherever he lands (unless he's playing NU!). He is NU royalty, and any time an NU great wants to send his son or brother here, he'll find himself or herself (looking at you Veronica Burton!) well supported by the fan base. And if Patrick Baldwin Jr. goes somewhere else, I'll cheer hard for him. Well, maybe not if he goes to Duke, but you get the idea.

Overall, I liked Drake, but I think he never developed in two critical areas:
1. learning when to stop going "east-west" and settle for a few positive yards "north-south." My observation was the Drake was overly enamored with the cut back to try to get the "home run play" rather than patiently waiting for the hole. His career long was a 41yd TD against Nebraska this year - I don't think it's a coincidence that he hit the hole that the play was designed to open up (a designed counter to the right), as opposed to him dancing around in the backfield, reversing field, then getting tackled for a loss, which I felt happened far too often.
2. ball security

I was curious as to what his actual fumble rate was during his NU career: 5 fumbles over 238 total touches (rushes + receptions), meaning he fumbled once every 47.6 touches.

I wasn't able to find any college stats, but as a comparison, in 2019, the fumble rate in the NFL for RBs was 1 in every 114.9 touches. So, I think it's safe to say that Drake's fumble rate was much higher than it should have been and probably led to him being benched by the coaching staff.

I wish him the best wherever his career takes him.
I love Drake,but he also got a passed tipped for an interception last year. Great kid! Hope he lands on his feet! There is more to life than football ⚽️

According to the local newspaper, Anderson (who is from Chandler AZ) had received an offer from the new U of AZ football coach . BTW the U Of AZ alums are very unhappy with the choice of coach (Jedd Fisch)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT