ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll

Utter disrespect. We are 9-5 in one of the traditionally toughest conferences in America and just beat the #1 team in the country. It's us against the world, boys!!
Spoken like Travis Kelce. No respect!

Pittsburgh beat us at home, like they caught us stealing chickens, and they have fewer votes than us

Only two Big Ten teams ranked. One of those, Indiana, had its foot in the grave a few weeks ago. Doesn't bode well for a lot of NCAA bids.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Pittsburgh beat us at home, like they caught us stealing chickens, and they have fewer votes than us
In fact, because Pitt played poorly in their games very early in the season, it is our blowout loss to them that is holding our heads underwater.

The computers don't care that Pitt made some personnel decisions and improved significantly. Nor do they care that we have improved as our young guys gain valuable playing time.

All they know is that Pitt blew us out and Pitt had some bad games.

• Angry
OK just replying here because I like your use of the phrase 'like they caught us stealing chickens'. Still, I have no idea what it means.

Reactions: DCWildcatRedux
Utter disrespect. We are 9-5 in one of the traditionally toughest conferences in America and just beat the #1 team in the country. It's us against the world, boys!!
Pitt is ranked below NU. They are 11-3 in the ACC. They were awful to start the year but have been very good since they destroyed NU. They have wins over ranked Miami, Virginia, NC State and 2 wins over Pete Nance led UNC. The point of this post is simple: no matter what a team like Pitt or NU does, they are always judged through the perception of the voter that they don't belong, that somehow the wins are all flukes. That the team lacks talent on the level of the real Top 25. That is why the NCAA tourney is the best way to finish each season because if they get in, both teams will have a chance to prove themselves.

In another thread, Torque-Cat said, "a lot of season left and seems implausible we could keep up this pace, so may as well ask when the bball frenzy is peaking."
This is why NU is not ranked. Not because Torque-Cat said it but because he, being a faithful and died the wool Cat fan like most of us, has this sense that some how NU is playing a little over it's head.
The pundits who make up the ratings simply don't have the close up, optimistic view that we as Cat fans have. And let's face it most of us are sitting on the edge of our seats worried that the bubble could pop. Not to mention that promoting NU's small fan base has little $$$ upside.

And let's face it most of us are sitting on the edge of our seats worried that the bubble could pop.

I'm totally guilty of this and I keep telling myself if we just win vs. Indy everything will be all right. We're in rarely charted and uncertain territory, and I'd like a few more years of this kind of success so I can get accustomed to the probability of it. But so many seniors...

I'm totally guilty of this and I keep telling myself if we just win vs. Indy everything will be all right. We're in rarely charted and uncertain territory, and I'd like a few more years of this kind of success so I can get accustomed to the probability of it. But so many seniors...
I am always cringing from the next expected blow

Reactions: EagerFan
Only two Big Ten teams ranked. One of those, Indiana, had its foot in the grave a few weeks ago. Doesn't bode well for a lot of NCAA bids.
Again shouldn't matter too much as they have so many teams between 25-50. Conference won't get many top seeds but still should get a number of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT